Democracy and Participation
The Democracy and Participation research theme aims to connect researchers working across disciplines on:
- political (dis)engagement;
- new and alternative modes and repertoires of political action;
- everyday, embodied and personal political engagement, life politics;
- forms of civic/civil engagement and their significance for democratic renewal or social cohesion;
- contemporary political, social and protest movements;
- forms of democratic innovation and experimentation;
- the scope for forms of participatory or decentred governance to include and enhance (diverse) citizens’ inclusion in decision-making;
- bottom-up and co-produced forms of citizen engagement in decision-making;
- the role of/scope for Information Communication Technologies in shaping political action or underpinning democratic renewal; democratic engagement across diversity and place and space;
- normative understandings of good democracy/democratic life, participation and social justice.
To join this group, please email the group leader with details of your relevant research interests.