Quipu project 14 February 2017 In the 1990s, during his 10-year reign as president of Peru, Alberto Fujimori launched a new family planning programme that resulted in the sterilisation of 272,028 women and 22,004 men in only 4 years. University of Bristol scholars, as part of an AHRC-funded research project, have been contributing to the Quipu project that now has a documentary commissioned by The Guardian.
- SafeSeas Publishes Best Practice Toolkit 6 March 2018 SafeSeas is pleased to announce the publication of the Best Practice Toolkit entitled 'Mastering Maritime Security: Reflexive Capacity Building and the western Indian Ocean Experience'.
- United Nations Special Envoy for the Oceans opens SafeSeas Symposium 6 March 2018 The Special Envoy for the Oceans of the United Nations Secretary-General, H.E. Mr. Peter Thomson, formally opened the SafeSeas Symposium on Capacity Building for Maritime Security on the 2nd of March. The goal of the high-level symposium is to rethink the strategy and methods of capacity building in the Western Indian Ocean region.
- GIC staff attend SAFESEAS Workshop at the University of Stellenbosch 15 November 2017
- UKADR conference: calls for panel proposals 4 October 2017 UKADR conference call for panel proposals on the themes of Complex Hazards/Complex Vulnerabilities. Closing date is 15 November 2017
- GIC hosted debate on book by GIC member Filip Ejdus 29 September 2017 GIC hosted a debate about the book Memories of Empire and Entry into International Society: the views from the European Periphery.
- Mark Duffield to speak on 'the Boomerang Effect' at LSE workshop - 19th May 17 May 2017
- Brad Evans and Russell Brand's collaboration continues with podcast 'The Trews' 27 April 2017
- Mark Duffield will explore flat Earth projections at a workshop on Mapping, Mercator and Modernity 22 March 2017 Mark Duffield will explore the relevance of flat Earth geographical projections at a workshop on Mapping, Mercator and Modernity: The Impact of the Digital, at Gerhard-Mercator-Haus, University Campus Duisburg, Germany, 25 April 2017.
- Can We Really Stop Terror?: Brad Evans talks to Russell Brand about violence and terror 10 March 2017 Russell Brand interviews Dr. Brad Evans for his new podcast series 'Under The Skin with Russell Brand'
- Mark Duffield to speak on Theorizing (Dis)Order at the World Peace Federation, 2-3 March 2017 22 February 2017