Fees, funding and costs
If your institution is not an exchange partner with Bristol you will pay Study Abroad tuition fees.
Full tuition fees for the academic year 2018/19:
- Full year: £15,000
- One semester: £7,500
- There are no additional fees in any department.
Students studying at an EU institution who are unable to come through the Erasmus programme:
- Full year: £9,250
- One semester: £4,625.
Payment of fees
You can pay once you arrive. Full-year students can pay in instalments. In many cases, your home institution, or programme provider, will pay the tuition fee on your behalf or may have a special agreement with us which affects your fee status. If your Study Abroad office is not able to advise you, contact us for further information.
- We offer a scholarship in the form of a tuition fee reduction of 30% for students receiving Pell Grants. Fees for the 2018/19 academic year:
- Full year: £10,500
- One semester: £5,250
- USA or Canadian students are also eligible to apply for the BUTEX Scholarship.
- German students can find and apply for funding from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) towards study abroad costs.
- Norwegian students could benefit from a supplementary tuition fee grant. Find out more from Lånekassen.
Cost of living
Your living expenses will depend on your lifestyle while you are here. Look at this guide to living expenses.
Full details of University accommodation costs are given on the Accommodation Office residences web pages.