Fees, funding and costs
If your institution is not an exchange partner with Bristol you will pay Study Abroad tuition fees.
Study Abroad fees 2018/19:
- Study Abroad - Full year: £15,000
- Study Abroad - One semester: £7,500
STABEL additional fees 2018/19:
- 6 week pre-sessional: £2,300
- 10 week pre-sessional: £3,900
Students studying at an EU institution who are unable to come through the Erasmus programme are eligible for discounted Study Abroad fees, as follows:
- Study Abroad - Full year (EU): £9,250
- Study Abroad - One semester (EU): £4,625
Payment of fees
You can pay once you arrive. Full-year students can pay in instalments. In many cases, your home institution, or programme provider, will pay the tuition fee on your behalf or may have a special agreement with us which affects your fee status. Pre-sessional courses may require a deposit, more details can be found here. If your Study Abroad office is not able to advise you, please contact us for further information.
- USA or Canadian students may be eligible to apply for the BUTEX Scholarship.
- German students can find and apply for funding from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) towards study abroad costs.
- Norwegian students could benefit from a supplementary tuition fee grant. Find out more from Lånekassen.
- Chilean students might be eligible for funding from the Chilean Ministry of Education.
Cost of living
Your living expenses will depend on your lifestyle while you are here. Look at this guide to living expenses.
Full details of University accommodation costs are given on the Accommodation Office residences web pages.