GO China: STEM Futures
Explore China’s capital and take your studies in a new direction with an exciting summer programme for engineering students hosted at the Beijing Institute of Technology.
Update on Coronavirus and UoB programmes in China:
We have taken the decision to cancel GO China 2020 to ensure the health and safety of all students and staff. We plan to run the programme in summer 2021. If you applied for GO China 2020 and would like to apply for the 2021 programme, we will make an effort to give you some priority.
Programme at a glance
When? Four weeks from 5th July to 1st August 2020
Where? Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT), Beijing, China
How much? The programme and tutition cost is £800. Beijing Institute of Technology provide accommodation free of charge. You will need to pay for other costs including flights, insurance, visa, subsistence etc. Some bursaries are available. See our costs section for more information.
Who? Open to all undergraduates studying a STEM-related subject, and not in their final year. Priority will be given to students not on a Study Abroad course. See our eligibility section for more information.
Find out more: Come along to an info session to learn more about GO China:
Wednesday 5th February 2pm, Senate House 5.10
Application deadline: Extended to Sunday 8th March 2020
Choose from 3 STEM-focussed programmes:
- Exploring Vehicle Design
- Big Data Analysis
- 5G Technology and Applications
Why choose this programme?
- Develop your engineering skills, through engineering classes and an engineering project
- Study at a highly ranked research university with specialisms in science and engineering
- Study in a standout location in the Chinese capital
- Gain international experience while deepening your understanding of engineering and China's culture
- Acquire cross-cultural skills greatly valued by employers
- Enjoy an experience beyond the classroom including trips designed to develop your cultural and linguistic experience
- Mix with other University of Bristol students taking the GO China: Culture and Language programme.
Tel: +44 (0) 117 39 40205
In person: 3rd Floor, 31 Great George Street, University of Bristol, BS1 5QD