How to apply
Find out how to apply for the International Foundation Programme for Medicine and Dentistry.
You must check that you meet our entry requirements before beginning the application process. We will only consider you if you are predicted to achieve (or have already achieved) our entry requirements in full. No aspirational or alternative offers are made.
Online application form
To apply, you will need to complete an online application form.
You must also upload the following supporting documents:
- Your IELTS certificate
- Your high school graduation certificate and transcript
- An academic reference form your school
- Sponsorship details (if any)
- A copy of your passport
- Personal statement.
We recommend that you prepare these documents before starting the online application process.
As part of the application process, you must submit a personal statement. Within this statement, you should show:
- evidence of your commitment to a career in Medicine or Dentistry
- why you think this programme is an appropriate route for you
- life skills, such as communication, time management, problem-solving and personal resilience
- evidence of voluntary work or experience in caring roles, or community or school involvement.
Based on the application form and supporting documents, we will shortlist applications and may ask for a pre-offer interview. This interview will form part of the selection process. These interviews will either be in person or over Skype. During the interview we will look for:
- academic achievement and potential
- interest, motivation and commitment
- communication skills.
Read the Admissions statement (Office document, 65kB) for further information about the process, the personal statement, academic references and interviews.
Make your application
Receiving your offer
If your application is successful, we will email you to let you know. Instructions on how to accept your offer and pay the deposit will be included in this email.
Deferrals will not be possible. An application will only be considered in the cycle in which it is submitted, and under the policies in place for that cycle.
This course is only offered on a full-time basis.
Notice: Due to reaching capacity for medical students, we will no longer be accepting applications from aspiring medical students for 20/21. We are still accepting applications for aspiring dental students to start in September 2020.
Find out when to apply and other important dates.
Email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.