Professor Christopher Stokes
Development of the gut mucosal immune system
Mucosal Immunology, Immune Development, Pig Immunology, Mucosal Vaccines.
Diseases related to this field of research
Allergy, postweaning diarrhoea.
- Lewis, M, Inman, C, Patel, D, Schmidt, B, Mulder, I, Miller, B, Gill, B, Pluske, J, Kelly, D, Stokes, C & Bailey, M 2012, Direct experimental evidence that early-life farm environment influences regulation of immune responses. Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, vol 23., pp. 265-269
- Birchall, M, Ayling, S, Harley, R, Murison, P, Burt, R, Mitchard, L, Jones, A, Macchiarini, P, Stokes, C & Bailey, M 2012, Laryngeal transplantation in minipigs: early immunological outcomes. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, vol 167., pp. 556 - 564
- Mulder, I, Schmidt, B, Lewis, M, Delday, M, Stokes, C, Bailey, M, Aminov, R, Gill, B, Pluske, J, Mayer, C & Kelly, D 2011, Restricting Microbial Exposure in Early Life Negates the Immune Benefits associated with Gut Colonization in Environments of High Microbial Diversity. PLoS ONE, vol 6., pp. 1 - 10
- Schmidt, B, Mulder, IE, C, CM, Aminov, RI, Lewis, M, Stokes, C, Bailey, M, Prosser, J, Gill, B, Pluske, J & Kelly, D 2011, Establishment of Normal Gut Microbiota is Compromised under Excessive Hygiene Conditions. PLoS ONE, vol 6., pp. 1 - 10
- Birchall, M, Kingham, P, Murison, P, Ayling, S, Burt, R, Mitchard, L, Jones, A, Lear, P, Stokes, C, Terenghi, G, Bailey, M & Macchiarini, P 2011, Laryngeal transplantation in minipigs: vascular, myologic and functional outcomes. Archives of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, vol 268., pp. 405 - 414
- Inman, C, Singha, S, Lewis, M, Bradley, B, Stokes, C & Bailey, M 2010, Dendritic cells interact with CD4 T cells in intestinal mucosa. Journal of Leukocyte Biology, vol 88(1)., pp. 571 - 578
- Inman, C, Haverson, K, Konstantinov, S, Jones, P, Harris, C, Smidt, H, Miller, B, Bailey, M & Stokes, C 2010, Rearing environment affects development of the immune system in neonates. Clinical & Experimental Immunology, vol 160(3)., pp. 431 - 439
- Lauridsen, C, Whiting, C, Lewis, M, Bailey, M, Bland, P & Stokes, C 2010, Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 in intestine of pigs of different ages and hygiene status. Livestock Science, vol 133., pp. 200 - 203
- Waly, NE, Biourge, V, Peters, IR, Day, MJ, Stokes, CR, Bailey, M & Gruffydd-Jones, TJ 2010, MEASUREMENT OF IL-12 (P40, P35), IL-23P19 AND IFN-gamma MRNA IN DUODENAL BIOPSIES OF CATS WITH IBD AND HEALTHY CONTROLS USING QUANTITATIVE REVERSE TRANSCRIPTASE POLYMERASE CHAIN REACTION (QRTPCR)., pp. 725-726
- Mulder, I, Schmidt, B, Stokes, C, Lewis, M, Bailey, M, Aminov, R, Prosser, J, Gill, B, Pluske, J, Mayer, C, Musk, C & Kelly, D 2009, Environmentally-acquired bacteria influence microbial diversity and natural innate immune responses at gut surfaces. BMC Biology, vol 7(79)., pp. 1 - 20
Full publications list in the University of Bristol publications system