- Entry requirements for undergraduate courses
- Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- Scholarship information
- British Council in Pakistan
- The University of Bristol in Pakistan
- Meet current students online
Entry requirements for undergraduate courses
You can apply for undergraduate programmes either through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) or the Common Application. Please use only one method of applying. If you are using UCAS to apply for other UK universities, please also make your University of Bristol application through UCAS and do not use the Common Application.
The UCAS code name and number for this University is BRISL B78.
- Applicants with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or A-Levels will be considered for direct admission to our undergraduate degree programmes. Entry requirements are listed in our Undergraduate Prospectus.
- If you have studied the American curriculum, entry requirements are listed on our USA country page.
- Applicants with the Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) will normally require a foundation course for entry onto undergraduate degree programmes at the University. Generally, an overall average of 75% is required.
- Applicants with the HSSC with an overall average of 75% and a Bachelor (Pass) degree with a minimum of 60% will be considered for entry onto undergraduate degree programmes.
Please note that this information is guidance only. Competition for places at Bristol is very strong and every application to the University is considered on its individual merits. We aim to get you a response as quickly as possible to help you plan your studies.
Entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
You can apply online for all our postgraduate programmes.
The standard requirement for entry to a taught masters programme at Bristol is an undergraduate (Bachelor) degree that is equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class degree (also known as a 2:1).
- Applicants with a Bachelor (Honours) degree of four or five years' duration, with First Division or A Grade results, can be considered for entry to a Masters programme.
- Applicants with a two year Bachelors (Pass) and two year Masters with more than 70% or 3.5 CGPA can be considered for entry to a Masters programme.
- Applicants with a Bachelor (Honours) degree of at least three years' duration with a First Class pass, plus a good Masters degree can be considered for entry to a Masters programme.
- For entry to a PhD programme we would require applicants to hold a Bachelor degree of four or five years, plus a good Masters degree.
The specific grade requirements will depend on the institution that you have studied at.
An International Office Scholarship is available for new international students.
The Centre for English Languages and Foundation Studies (CELFS) are offering an Academic Achievement Scholarship, for students from Pakistan, on the International Foundation Programme at CELFS who progress to an undergraduate programme at the University of Bristol. All students from Pakistan that begin the International Foundation Programme in September 2015 will automatically be considered for the scholarship. Successful students will be beginning their undergraduate studies in September 2016. The scholarships will be awarded based on student performance during study on the International Foundation Programme at the University of Bristol. Successful students will be informed of the outcome following receipt of the final results of the IFP.
Further information about scholarships is available from the University's Student Funding Office.
British Council in Pakistan
The British Council has offices in Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Faisalabad, Multan and Quetta where you can find reference copies of prospectuses and staff who will be happy to help with questions about applying to UK educational institutions.
You are advised to telephone on 0800 22000 or email email@example.com before visiting in order to check opening times and the facilities available.
The University of Bristol has an official representative in Pakistan who works with a number of agents in different cities. Our representative can assist you with your enquiries and your application.
Country Manager - Pakistan, University of Bristol
Address: Office 1&2, Mezzanine floor, Rehman Business Centre, 32-B-III, Gulberg III, Lahore. Pakistan.
Saif Uddin has recently appeared on Eagle Eye representing the University of Bristol. Please click here to watch.
Meet current students online
The University Students' Union has a number of cultural societies. You can check their website to see the whole range of clubs and societies that are here.