Fees and finance
As a student, you, your parents or an external sponsor may pay your fees. You will need to know the amount to pay and when payments are due. You might also want to know how to supplement your income, either with a scholarship or by working part-time.
A tuition fee is payable in each year for every programme of study at the University of Bristol, with the exception of incoming Erasmus exchange students. The amount that is payable varies depending on the programme.
- Undergraduate tuition fees are listed on on each course entry.
- Postgraduate tuition fees are listed on each programme entry.
- Fees for incoming Study Abroad and non-EU exchange students.
- Incoming Erasmus (EU) exchange students do not pay a tuition fee to the University of Bristol.
- English Language Programme fees.
- International Foundation Programme fees.
- Year Abroad students (current Bristol students planning Erasmus or non-EU exchanges outside Bristol) (University staff and students only); check with your Faculty Office for confirmation of exactly what the tuition fee will be.
Find out how and when to pay tuition fees.
Definition of an overseas student for fee purposes
If you are not sure whether you will pay tuition fees at the overseas rate, please consult our guidance on fee status.
Cost of living
Read more about working during your studies.
Search for scholarships offered by the University of Bristol and external organisations on our scholarships page.