Postgraduate study at Bristol
The University of Bristol has a long history of attracting the brightest and most gifted individuals from across the world, who come here to maximise their potential through our postgraduate taught and research programmes.
Before you apply
- Check our entry requirements.
Find these in our programme finder.
- Not sure if your qualifications are accepted?
Browse our country-specific information to find out.
- Is your English at the required level for your course?
Check our language requirements.
- Need to improve your English before starting?
Check the entry requirements for our pre-sessional courses.
Fees and scholarships
- What funding and scholarship opportunities are available?
Read about our international scholarships or search for funding.
- How much are tuition fees?
Tuition fees depend on your programme of study. Find out the fees for taught and research programmes.
- How much will it cost to live in Bristol?
Read more about your likely living expenses.
- How much are tuition fees for pre-sessional courses?
Find these on the Centre for Academic Language and Development website.
How to apply
- For a postgraduate degree, find out how to apply online.
After you have applied
When you have accepted your offer
- Where you can live, when to apply and how much it costs:
Visa advice and support
- Do you need a visa to study here?
Read more about the visa application process, documents you need and when to apply.
Before you leave home
Get an insight into studying at Bristol with our on-demand webinars for international postgraduates.
Find out more about the international experience at Bristol by downloading our International Guide and other publications.
Bristol is among the top five universities for research in the UK (THE analysis of REF 2014).
Bristol has more than 400 student societies, sports clubs, groups and support networks.
Important information for your calendar, including teaching blocks and University closure dates.
Find out more about studying at Bristol as a student from the EU.