Postgraduate study at Bristol
The University of Bristol has a long history of attracting the brightest and most gifted individuals from across the world, who come here to maximise their potential through our postgraduate taught and research programmes.
Before you apply
- Check our entry requirements. Find these in our programme finder.
- Not sure if your qualifications are accepted? Browse our country-specific information to find out.
- Is your English at the required level for your course? Check our language requirements.
- Need to improve your English before starting? Check the entry requirements for our pre-sessional courses.
Fees and scholarships
- What funding and scholarship opportunities are available? Read about funding options, apply for our international scholarships or search for funding.
- How much are tuition fees? Tuition fees depend on your programme of study.
- How much will it cost to live in Bristol? Read more about your likely living expenses.
- How much are tuition fees for pre-sessional courses? Find these on the Centre for Academic Language and Development website.
Get an introduction to Bristol with our online events for international postgraduate students.
You can meet and talk to our staff at exhibitions held in your country; find out when we are visiting you.
The city of Bristol is a vibrant, friendy place to live and study.
Bristol was named the best place to live in the UK by the Sunday Times in 2017 and one of 52 places to go in 2018 by the New York Times - just two of many accolades the city has won. Read about 17 times Bristol was named the best in the UK in this Bristol 24/7 article.
How to apply
- For a postgraduate degree, find out how to apply online.
After you have applied
When you have accepted your offer
- Where you can live, when to apply and how much it costs, for postgraduate degree students
- Where you can live, when to apply and how much it costs, for pre-sessional English language students
Visa advice and support
- Do you need a visa to study here? Read more about the visa application process, documents you need and when to apply.
Before you leave home
Find out more about the international experience at Bristol by downloading our International Guide and other publications.
Ranked among the top five universities for research in the UK
We currently have 3,051 international postgraduate students from over 100 countries studying at Bristol
The Graduate Market in 2020 - High Fliers Research