MyBristol is the University of Bristol’s web portal, a gateway to web-based services within and beyond the University. MyBristol differs from a simple web page of links because it uses a combination of security and personalisation to offer a flexible and tailored range of services.
Ten reasons to use MyBristol:
- You can access a range of University tools, services and information in one place from anywhere in the World.
- No need to re-enter usernames and passwords once you’re in.
- You can customise it to suit you, so the information you want can be put up front.
- .Because the content is personalised you can quickly see if there is new information relevant to you.
- You can add information like bookmarks, contacts and newsfeeds so the information is available no matter where you are.
- Everything is in one place so you can keep in touch with what’s going on within the University and in the world at large
- MyBristol is constantly updating and adding new tools and services relevant to you as a member of the University.
- MyBristol provides up-to-date information via Announcements , portal news, news feeds and IT status updates.
- You only have to remember one web address.
- MyBristol is there for you – IT Service Desk support is provided and any feedback is acted upon so we continually improve your experience of using MyBristol.
Anyone may access the guest view of the MyBristol.
In order to access the authorised view, users must be valid UOB users
as well as being a member of staff or student.
Training and documentation
While no formal training is available detailed Help documents have been produced.
Requests for help should be sent to the University Help Desk - email@example.com.
Portal leaflet 2009/10 (PDF)
Portal posters 2009/10