Government and Policy week
The Law School works very closely with the Careers Service throughout the academic year to offer a wide range of events to promote careers within and outside of the law - and expose you to a variety of employers. Expanding your professional network allows you to make informed decisions about your career.
This year we will be providing an array of skills sessions as part of our themed week series during the Autumn term, coinciding with the central Careers Service recruitment fairs. At these events you will be given advice on becoming a solicitor or a barrister - and on how to get involved in other areas of law, such as family and medical law. There will be an emphasis on providing transferable skills, with additional skills sessions that explore alternative careers.
Coinciding with the Autumn Careers Fair, Government and Policy week will include an exclusive session from a Jessica de Mounteney, a Parliamentary draftsperson at the Law Commission as well as the chance to find out more about the Local Government Graduate Scheme and network with a wide variety of employers.
Specific event details are listed below:
- Autumn Careers Fair - Day 1, 12-3pm, Tuesday 10 October 2017, Wills Memorial Building
- Autumn Careers Fair - Day 2, 12-3pm, Wednesday 11 October 2017, Wills Memorial Building
- 'Life at the Law Commission', 6-7pm, Thursday 12 October 2017, Coutts lecture theatre
- 'Local Government Graduate Scheme - information session', 12-1pm, Friday 13 October 2017, TBC
- 'Lawyers in Government - more diverse, more challenging, more inspiring', 1-2pm, Thursday 16 November 2017, Coutts lecture theatre
Find out more about the full themed week series here.