Dr Janine Sargoni, 1973 – 2020 19 June 2020 Dr Janine Sargoni, who joined the Law School as a postgraduate student in 2008, before undertaking doctoral research which led to her appointment as Lecturer in Law in 2014, has died at the age of 46. Her friends and colleagues offer the following tribute to a well-liked and hugely respected member of the Law School community.
- Implementing positive change: Q&A with Modupe Lucas (LLB with Study in Continental Europe) 23 June 2020 Ahead of our Undergraduate Open Day this Friday, 26 June, we asked current LLB student Modupe Lucas about her favourite things about her studies, living in Bristol, and the extra-curricular activities she got involved in, as well as her experience of studying abroad in Spain and her top tip for students going abroad.
- Dr Janine Sargoni, 1973 – 2020 19 June 2020 Dr Janine Sargoni, who joined the Law School as a postgraduate student in 2008, before undertaking doctoral research which led to her appointment as Lecturer in Law in 2014, has died at the age of 46. Her friends and colleagues offer the following tribute to a well-liked and hugely respected member of the Law School community.
- 'One of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had' Q&A with LLB student Nicole Hilton 18 June 2020 Ahead of our undergraduate virtual open day, we asked current LLB student, Nicole Hilton about what it's like studying law at Bristol, what opportunities she had to develop her passion in this subject and her plans to become a barrister.
- FACE 2020: Decolonisation, intellectual Pan-Africanism, and the future of the multiversity 16 June 2020 Forever Africa Conference and Events (FACE) is a Pan-African initiative brought together by staff and students at the University of Bristol and directed by the Law School’s Dr Foluke Adebisi. This year’s event, FACE 2020, will be taking place from 22 - 26 June as a series of virtual midday talks.
- Law Clinic celebrates 2019-2020 virtual awards event 15 June 2020 The annual Law Clinic awards were held last week to recognise the successes of the past year. Usually the awards event presents an opportunity for Law Clinic members, staff, and representatives from sponsoring firm Osborne Clarke to gather together to celebrate. Though held virtually this year to allow for social distancing safety and remote working conditions, the Law School is delighted to congratulate the Law Clinic and its student volunteers for their remarkable achievements.
- Environmental and Energy Law Society wins Bristol SU Gold Award 1 June 2020 The Environmental and Energy Law Society (EELS) was founded in April 2019 by law students George Packer and Nicole Hilton. Through a year of hard work and commitment, the new society achieved the Bristol SU’s 2019/20 Gold Award – one of only two societies to achieve this during the academic year.
- Law Clinic Inquest Service shortlisted for Best New Pro Bono Activity Award 14 May 2020 The University of Bristol Law Clinic were the runners-up for ‘Best New Pro Bono Activity Award’ in the prestigious LawWorks and Attorney General Student Pro Bono Awards 2020 for their pioneering inquest service, launched in November 2019.
- Fast-track your legal career - Q&A with our MA Director 4 May 2020 In this Q&A, director of our MA in Law programme and senior lecturer in Law and Feminist Theory, Dr Yvette Russell spoke to us about what it is like to study at a top 10 UK Law School, its supportive learning community and how research informs a diverse curriculum.
- Specialising at Bristol – Q&A with our LLM Programme Director 4 May 2020 Ahead of our Postgraduate Law Virtual Open Day on 7 May, we caught up with LLM Programme Director and Professor of Health Law and Policy, Keith Syrett as he shared his tips for students thinking of applying to one of our postgraduate law programmes.
- Do you want to help shape a post-COVID world? 1 May 2020 With a range of distinctive LLMs, led by academics that are leaders in the respective research fields, we offer a unique opportunity for our students and graduates to help shape and inform the policy and legislation that will emerge as a result of COVID-19.