Law School’s Imogen Moore, Peter Dunne and Jo Cooksley among 2019 Bristol Teaching Awards winners 20 June 2019 Nominees, winners and supporters of the Awards gathered in the Great Hall of the Wills Memorial Building at the 2019 Bristol Teaching Awards last week on 12 June, to celebrate colleagues' outstanding contributions to teaching, student support and enhancement of the student learning experience.
- HRLIP News: African Court on Human and Peoples Rights 24 June 2019 Human Rights Implementation Centre News
- HRIC News: Current issues and common challenges for the protection of human rights in Europe, Africa and the Americas 24 June 2019 On Friday 14th June, in London, the Human Rights Implementation Centre, the Bingham Centre for the Rule of Law, Essex University's Human Rights Centre and the Bonavero Institute of Human Rights at the University of Oxford held a conference on 'Current issues and common challenges for the protection of human rights in Europe, Africa and the Americas'.
- Incoming Law School PhD candidate cited by UK Supreme Court 24 June 2019 Incoming Law School PhD student Robert Craig, who will be joining the Law School in September 2019, was recently cited in a Supreme Court decision on a major constitutional law case. This is his second Supreme Court cite as a PhD student.
- 'Can Parliament Stop a No Deal Brexit?' Professor Gavin Phillipson speaks in Westminster 24 June 2019 The Law School's Professor Gavin Phillipson was one of the speakers at a meeting of the All Party Parliamentary Group on the Rule of Law in Westminster earlier this month, addressing the question as to whether Parliament has the power to stop a No Deal Brexit.
- Law School’s Imogen Moore, Peter Dunne and Jo Cooksley among 2019 Bristol Teaching Awards winners 20 June 2019 Nominees, winners and supporters of the Awards gathered in the Great Hall of the Wills Memorial Building at the 2019 Bristol Teaching Awards last week on 12 June, to celebrate colleagues' outstanding contributions to teaching, student support and enhancement of the student learning experience.
- Human Rights Implementation Centre: Second Flag States and Human Rights Report Published 20 June 2019 Human Right Implementation Centre News
- Law Clinic celebrates 2018-2019 awards night 19 June 2019 Following their exams, students from the University of Bristol Law Clinic gathered for the annual awards night last week on 10 June, celebrating the successes of the past year with Law Clinic members, staff and representatives from its sponsoring firm, Osborne Clarke. Student Outreach Manager Susannah Burley writes about the event.
- Launching soon: Centre for Global Law and Innovation 11 June 2019 The Law School is delighted to announce the launch of a new centre of research. The Centre for Global Law and Innovation (CGLI) brings together expertise in international trade law, innovation law, intellectual property law and digital economies to promote thought leadership on the legal challenges posed by digital economies and global trade.
- Law students win 'Best International Team' prize at International Criminal Law Moot competition 4 June 2019 Final year LLB student, Prekshi Gulia, final year MA student Ādam Zaman and LLM student Page Nyame-Satterthwaite celebrated success at the Symbiosis International Criminal Trial Advocacy Moot in Pune, India from 29 to 31 March 2019 – scooping the prize for 'Best International Team' in what is the first victory in this competition for the Law School.
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Spotlight on Law Clinic Partnership with Bristol Mind 16 May 2019 This year the University of Bristol Law Clinic established drop-in sessions with Bristol Mind, a mental health resource that promotes wellbeing and provides accessible support services for people in Bristol and surrounding areas. In this article Student Outreach Manager Susannah Burley writes about the Law Clinic’s commitment to support Bristol Mind’s aims and to alleviate the pressure that can arise from legal issues.