Professor Judith Masson appointed honorary Queen’s Counsel for her contribution to public child law 22 January 2020 Judith Masson, Professor of Socio-Legal Studies at the University of Bristol has been appointed honorary Queen's Counsel.
- Mentors meet students to help them #DoMoreWithLaw as the Law in Society Mentoring Scheme launches 23 January 2020 The Law School, working with the Professional Liaison Network (PLN), launched the Law in Society Mentoring Scheme at a ‘Meet Your Mentor’ event at the Wills Memorial Building on 18 November 2019.
- Studying law and finding love: Q&A with law alumna, Tian Hui Tan 23 January 2020 In the lead up to Valentine’s Day, we caught up with Law School alumna and LLB graduate, Tian Hui Tan on why she chose to study here, adjusting to life in the UK as an international student and, ultimately finding love here in Bristol.
- Professor Judith Masson appointed honorary Queen’s Counsel for her contribution to public child law 22 January 2020 Judith Masson, Professor of Socio-Legal Studies at the University of Bristol has been appointed honorary Queen's Counsel.
- Professor Aurora Plomer awarded Leverhulme Major Research Fellowship 14 January 2020 Professor Aurora Plomer has been awarded a Major Research Fellowship by the Leverhulme Trust for a project on Intellectual Property and the Human Rights of Companies in Europe.
- The Centre for Law at Work hosts Industrial Law Society meetings 2019 -2020 20 December 2019 The Centre for Law at Work News
- Law School announces recruitment of new cohort for successful Browne Jacobson mentoring scheme 18 December 2019 National law firm Browne Jacobson has recruited six Bristol Law School students for the second year of its successful mentoring scheme with the University.
- The Sanctuary Scholarship wins The Highest Impact University Initiative Award 17 December 2019 Following their work with the sanctuary scholarship Jon Lightfoot and Dr Katie Bales accepted the Highest Impact University Award beating competition from 11 other universities.
- Celebrating students standing up for Human Rights in The Gambia 12 December 2019 December 10th was Human Rights Day – an annual event that marks the day the United Nations General Assembly adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR). This year the UN put the spotlight on the leadership role of youth as a source of inspiration for a better future, presenting an opportunity for us to showcase the amazing work of our students.
- International student scholarships: Think Big about Global Justice and apply today 9 December 2019 Applications for the Think Big about Global Justice Scholarship are now open to international undergraduate and postgraduate students starting their law degree at the University of Bristol in September 2020.
- Brexit Briefing December 2019 9 December 2019 In the final quarter of 2019, the Brexit drama continued with the EU granting an extension to push the deadline back into 2020 and yet another general election set for December 12th. University Academics have continued to offer media commentary, share knowledge and debate the issues.