Autumn Prize Giving: Celebrating law student achievements
Press release issued: 2 November 2017
The University of Bristol Law School honoured its outstanding students of the 2016/17 academic year in the Autumn Prize Giving Ceremony last week.
This year's Autumn Prize Giving Ceremony was held on Tuesday 31st October with the work of the following students being recognised:
- Wee Toh Loo, Best student in Constitutional Rights, sponsored by Guildhall Chambers, as well as Best student in Contract Law, sponsored by Stephenson Harwood, and Best student in 1st year, sponsored by TLT
- Emilia De Rosa, Best student in Contract Law (for students on Law/French and Law/German), sponsored by the Law School
- Li Wong, Best student in Tort, sponsored by MacFarlanes
- Jackie Tay, Best student in Company Law, sponsored by Linklaters
- Alexandra Rusakova, Best student in Crime, Justice and Society, sponsored by Oxford University Press
- Rebecca Puzey, Best student in Jurisprudence, sponsored by Slaughter & May, as well as Best student in 2nd year, sponsored by Herbert Smith Freehills
- Jack Brett, Best student in Land Law, sponsored by 3PB
- Thomas Jeniec, Best first year MA performance, sponsored by the Law School
- Raeesa Rajmohamed, Prize for Outstanding Commitment to the Law School, sponsored by Shoosmiths
The ceremony also presented an opportunity to celebrate some of our most outstanding international students who had secured International Internship Scholarships. These were Wai Sham Valerie Chan, Yi Ching Yvonne Chan, Ho Yee Chloe Deng, Disha Gowdra, Hui Xin Annette Kong, Mary-Rose Lin, Wee Toh Loo, Nabila Mohamed, Li-Qing Victoria Tan, Yung Bryan Wang.
On receipt of her award Ms. Rajmohamed said;
“I am so incredibly honoured by the award, and so proud and grateful to be part of an institution as lovely as this. The prize giving evenings are phenomenal for not only for celebrating and sharing in everyone's success but also for showing what a wonderful community we have at the Law School. I cannot thank the Law School enough for this distinction and their support over the past few years.”
The Law School would like to congratulate all award winners this year.