Library Christmas card illustration competition
It will be Christmas before you know it! We like to start getting ready early in Library Services, which means preparing our annual Christmas card to all of our users. This will contain lots of useful information about library opening times over the festive period along with vacation study tips and some new developments to look out for in 2020.
This year, in a break with tradition, we want to involve you in the process of designing the card - so if you are a budding artist please read on...
We would like to invite your artwork submissions in a competition to create the illustration that will feature on the front of this year's card. This is a great opportunity to have your work seen by thousands of people; not only will it feature on our cards, which we distribute extensively throughout December, it will pop up on the Library website too. If this isn't incentive enough we are also offering a prize of £250 to the winner!
IMPORTANT: Please read the terms and conditions below before entering. Good luck!
Terms and conditions
1. The competition is open to current University of Bristol students only and is restricted to one entry per person.
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
3. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The competition opening date is Monday 7 October 2019. The closing date for entries will be midnight on Monday 11 November 2019. After the closing date no further entries will be accepted.
5. To enter this competition, you must create an original piece of artwork on the theme of 'LIGHTS' and submit it together with your full name, student number, email address and telephone number before the closing date. Artwork must be:
- portrait format
- no bigger than A4 and no smaller than A5
- of high enough quality or resolution to be reproduced on A5 card.
If you are submitting original artwork and would like it returned, you will be able to collect it from the Arts and Social Sciences Library once the competition has closed and entries have been judged. Library Services will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit. If you are submitting original digital artwork, you must ensure it is high resolution.
6. Digital artwork should be emailed to email@example.com. Artwork in non-digital formats should be sent to:
Student Engagement Team
University of Bristol
c/o Education Library
35 Berkeley Square
Bristol BS8 1JA
7. The prize is £250.
8. The competition will be judged by the Library Student Engagement team together with the Bristol SU Officer team, and the winner announced on Friday 15 November. The winner will be contacted by email and notified when and where the prize can be collected.
9. In the event of no suitable entries being received, Library Services withholds the right to cancel the competition and use alternative artwork.
10. The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations and will not be disclosed to any other party.
11. If you have any questions about this competition please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.