An introduction to Open Research
Research Data Service, Library Services.
Lecture Theatre 1, 43 Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UU.
The concept of ‘open research’ has made a significant impact on scholarly activities, with funding councils, government and publishers increasingly placing a focus on research that is transparent, accountable, and accessible to a worldwide audience. This workshop will provide an introductory overview and will cover:
- How open research can impact on each stage of the research lifecycle
- The benefits of Open Access and how to comply with requirements
- The importance of the Data Management Plan (DMP) in meeting funder requirements
- How to publish underlying research data and cite it via a Data Access Statement
- Balancing openness with the need to capitalise on research findings