Outgoing loans to other institutions
Most material held by the University of Bristol's Library Services is available for inter-library loan, however please note:
- Items with a loan period of seven days or less cannot normally be loaned.
- The loan of items from our Special Collections will be considered on a case by case basis, according to the value and condition of the item. They will be made available for use in the requesting library only, and will require insurance while in transit.
- University of Bristol theses are available from the British Library’s EThOS service.
- We do not lend audio-visual material.
- Loans to institutions in the United Kingdom and Ireland which are not members of SWRLS will be charged at the UK Public Good rates currently charged by the British Library's On Demand Service for standard loans and copies.
- Loans to institutions outside the UK and Ireland will be subject to postal charges, which must be paid by credit card. Please contact us for a price.
To request a loan, or for any other enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our postal address is:
University of Bristol
Arts and Social Sciences Library
Interruptions to our lending service (eg Christmas closure period) will be published on this page, and via the LIS-ILL mailing list.