Visit our collections
Visitors are welcome to Special Collections. We are open to students, members of academic staff and independent researchers.
Location and opening hours
Arts and Social Sciences Library, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TJ. Find us on the University Google map.
Our normal opening times are:
- Monday : Closed for stocktaking in preparation for the new Library from 30th April
- Tuesday : 9.30 am - 4.45 pm
- Wednesday : 9.30 am - 4.45 pm
- Thursday : 9.30 am - 4.45 pm
- Friday : 12 noon - 4.45 pm. From 4th May: 9.30-4.45.
Special Collections is closed on weekends, bank holidays and the following University closure days.
Making an appointment
All material in Special Collections is for reference use only. Please contact us to make an appointment.
- Tel: +44 (0)117 928 8014 | Internal 88014
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visitors need to bring with them a recognised form of identification, such as a university library card, a driving licence or passport.
There is no charge for using Special Collections. Researchers must abide by the Reading Room rules (PDF, 74kB). Laptops may be used in the Reading Room.
Please ask Special Collections staff about copying services.
Tyndall Avenue, Bristol, BS8 1TJ
Tel: +44 (0)117 928 8014 | Internal 88014