Location of print resources
Most of the print resources for your subject are found on the first floor of the Arts and Social Sciences Library. Use Library Search to find the classmark for an item, and to search for books and other materials.
- Past exam papers: located on first floor and available for photocopying
- PhD theses: ask at the ground floor Information Desk for access
- Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA) and Répertoire de la litterature de l'art (RILA) - citation databases, searchable together, covering material published between 1975 and 2007.
- Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale di Firenze - a national library of Italy.
- BITRA: Bibliography of Interpreting and Translation - a freely available bibliography of scholarly literature in translation and interpreting. It contains references to books, chapters, journal articles, and PhD theses, and is maintained by Dr Javier Franco at the University of Alicante.
- Dante Online (English) - a Web site devoted to the life and works of the great Italian poet. Navigable in Italian and English, the site offers a detailed description of Dante's life and work: this is available as a simple text document and a multimedia version (available in the Italian version of the site only).
- Dissertation Express - a searchable index providing brief citation details to Dissertation Abstracts International. You can choose to personally purchase the full text of dissertations/theses you require or you can request them via our Inter-Library Loans Service.
- Editori Italiani [DEAD LINK] - a comprehensive listing of Italian publishers. Possible alternative Editrici italiane.
- Europeana – Europeana, the European digital library, museum and archive – is a website giving access to some 2 million digital objects, including film material, photos, paintings, sounds, maps, manuscripts, books, newspapers and archival papers.
- Explore Bristol Research - the University of Bristol's definitive research information source including full-text research publications, research projects and the people behind the research. Part of Pure, the University of Bristol's research information system.
- Italian Women Writers - provides bio-bibliographical information and a growing selection of full-text titles from authors born before 1945.
- Italinemo (English) - an index of Italian studies periodicals published worldwide since 2000, with abstracts of each article.
- JournalTOCs - a large free collection of scholarly journal Tables of Contents (TOCs) service covering thousands of journals from over a thousand publishers. It will alert you when new issues of your selected journals are published.
- Oxford Handbooks Online - Linguistics - brings together leading scholars to write review essays that evaluate the current thinking on a particular field or topic, and make an original argument about the future direction of the debate. Members of the University have access to the Linguistics and Psychology (Foundation Collections).
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
Support for members of academic teaching staff, who would like to create an online resource list for their course unit.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
If items are in particularly high demand, please use our 1 day loan request form (Office document, 16kB) to request that they are transferred to 1 day loan.