Policy studies resources
Location of print resources
Most of the print resources for your subject are found in the Arts and Social Sciences Library with many of the core works being found at classmarks H, HM, HN, HQ and HV, (although much relevant literature will be found at other locations in the library). Use Library Search to find the classmark for an item, and to search for books and other materials.
- Past exam papers: located on first floor and available for photocopying
- PhD theses: ask at the ground floor Information Desk for access
- Autism Data - the catalogue of The National Autistic Society’s reference library can be used to search for research papers, books, articles, videos and other materials covering autism and Asperger syndrome.
- Chatham House Online Archive. - Publications and archives of the Royal Institute of International Affairs (Chatham House), the independent international affairs policy institute.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway - provides access to information and resources to help protect children and strengthen families. A service of the Children's Bureau, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- NSPCC Library Catalogue - The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to children hosts a variety of information resources including their own research publications and statistics, briefings, fact sheets and reading lists relating to child welfare and child protection in the UK. Their library database contains over 40,000 resources on how to protect children from abuse and neglect.
- Forced Migration Online - provides access to a variety of resources dealing with refugee and forced migration on a worldwide basis. Designed to be used by practitioners, policy makers, researchers and students. It is not currently being updated due to funding reasons.
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation - works for social change in the UK by researching the root causes of social problems and by developing solutions. Major areas of work include poverty, social injustice, community resilience and the response to the opportunities and challenges of an ageing society.
- Lexis Library - Contains 39 UK legal journals, UK newspapers, UK Broadsheets, and UK Nationals/Newspapers and other materials covering criminology.
- Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) - The SCIE works to disseminate knowledge-based good practice guidance to all those involved with social care. It also hosts the database Social Care Online
- Townsend Research Archive - The Townsend archive provides open access to a range of original documents underlying the 1967/68 Poverty in the UK survey led by Peter Townsend. This survey pioneered the application of relative deprivation in measuring poverty.
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
Support for members of academic teaching staff, who would like to create an online resource list for their course unit.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
If items are in particularly high demand, please use our 1 day loan request form (Office document, 16kB) to request that they are transferred to 1 day loan.