Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 1503 | Internal 11503
Contact me if you would like some advice. I can help you to:
Key subject resources
- Medline (on OvidSP) - covers the international literature on bioMedicine, including the allied health fields and the biological and physical sciences, humanities, and information science as they relate to Medicine and health care.
- MIT CogNet - online resource for studying the brain and cognitive science community's scientific research.
- PsycINFO - comprehensive international database (sometimes mistakenly known as PsychINFO) covering summaries of journal articles, book chapters, technical reports and citations to dissertations in the field of Psychology and psychological aspects of related disciplines.
- PsycARTICLES - provides access to full-text articles taken from journals published by the American Psychological Association, plus selected titles from the Educational Publishing Foundation, the Canadian Psychological Association and Hogrefe & Huber.
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-).
Skills and training
Your subject librarian will provide a programme of lectures and training on library and information skills, in consultation with your department or school.
A number of guides and video tutorials on searching databases will be available soon. In the meantime please contact your subject librarian if you require any help.
- Practical advice about your studies
- Library video tutorials - topics include: how to locate books and journals; understanding references on reading lists.
- Finding and using information - covering key aspects of information skills, including: researching a topic; effective use of Google; evaluating your search results; avoiding plagiarism.
- Referencing using EndNote
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.