Black Lives Matter statement 30 September 2020 A statement from the School of Mathematics EDI Committee endorsed by the School
- Bristol Mathematics student pieces together the puzzle 6 November 2020 University of Bristol Mathematics student, Nathan Tozer has recently been featured on the BBC and Epigram for his hobby of completing complex puzzles that has attracted more than 300,000 social media followers.
- Improbable sponsors Compass PhD student in new partnership 15 October 2020 Improbable, a global technology company which provides innovative products and services to makers of virtual worlds and simulations, is sponsoring a PhD research project entitled Agent-based model calibration using likelihood-free inference.
- Patrick Rubin-Delanchy's paper is accepted for spotlight presentation at NeurIPS 2020 1 October 2020 Patrick Rubin-Delanchy's paper is accepted and ranked Spotlight at NeurIPS
- Black Lives Matter statement 30 September 2020 A statement from the School of Mathematics EDI Committee endorsed by the School
- Sparx funds University of Bristol PhD student investigating statistical modelling for personalised maths learning 29 September 2020 The University of Bristol is today announcing a new supporter of Compass – the EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Computational Statistics and Data Science. South West based learning technology company Sparx, has agreed to sponsor a PhD student’s research project which will investigate new approaches to longitudinal statistical modelling within school-based mathematics education.
- 2020 student prize winners announced 30 July 2020 Congratulations to all our students completing their degrees this year, especially our seven prize winners.
- Statistics at Bristol ranked 5th in the UK 7 July 2020 Research and teaching in key areas at the University of Bristol is among the best in the world, according to a new international league table.
- Covid-19 – the statistics and the science underlying them 29 June 2020 A virtual discussion covering the statistical aspects of Covid- 19
- Bristol students mentor pupils from Kuala Lumpur 12 June 2020 New undergraduate unit 'International Mentoring' has proven to be a great success with both University of Bristol students and our international partners.
- Undergraduate students tackle coronavirus testing as part of their final projects 11 June 2020 Ellen Brown and Jack Burgess both completed their final year projects on group testing, an area that is currently being directly applied to efforts to contain the Covid-19 pandemic.