New course will put Bristol students at the forefront of fight against cybercrime 1 December 2017 From next year, Bristol will become only the second university in the country to offer masters students the opportunity to study the mathematics of cybersecurity.
- Alumni event sees former students share their employability experiences 14 March 2018 The School of Mathematics welcomed back former students last week (Tuesday 6 March), to its first Alumni Employability event.
- Christophe Andrieu wins EPSRC grant 19 February 2018
- Yi Yu awarded UOB- CUHK exchange programme grant 19 February 2018
- Update following the Fry Building fire 12 January 2018 Following the fire in our Fry Building on Saturday [6 January], we are working hard to get the project back on track.
- Marton Balazs awarded EPSRC Research Grant 21 December 2017 Congratulations to Marton Balazs who has been awarded an EPSRC Research Grant titled "Stochastic interacting systems: connections, fluctuations and applications".
- Misha Rudnev awarded Leverhulme Project Grant 15 December 2017 Congratulations to Misha Rudnev who has been awarded a Leverhulme Project Grant titled "Geometry, Combinatorics and Alegbra of Sum-products".
- New course will put Bristol students at the forefront of fight against cybercrime 1 December 2017 From next year, Bristol will become only the second university in the country to offer masters students the opportunity to study the mathematics of cybersecurity.
- Time between world-changing volcanic super-eruptions less than previously thought 30 November 2017 After analysing a database of geological records dated within the last 100,000 years, a team of scientists from the University of Bristol has discovered the average time between so-called volcanic super-eruptions is actually much less than previously thought.
- Thantkrit Kaewtem awarded ATS Education Award 2017 7 November 2017 Congratulations to Thantkrit Kaewtem who has won an ATS Education Award 2017
- Applications now open for VC Fellowships: subject areas include mathematics and statistical science 2 November 2017 Our Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships scheme offers an exciting opportunity for exceptional early-career researchers to advance their research careers, and support our strategic priorities.