We carry out internationally-leading research in methodological and applied epidemiology. Our work encompasses a wide range of disease areas, both infectious and non-infectious.
Externally-funded centres, units and programmes
Externally-accredited centres, units and programmes
- Accessible Resource for Integrated Epigenomics Studies (ARIES)
- Active for Life Year 5
- Antiretroviral Therapy cohort collaboration
- BCG study
- Boyd Orr Cohort study
- Caerphilly Prospective study
- Children of the 90s (ALSPAC)
- Choice of moisturiser in eczema treatment
- CHS study
- CON-QUEST: Contact patterns and behaviour in University of Bristol staff and students during the COVID-19 pandemic
- DUTY study
- Epigenetics and Social Science Network
- Epigenetics: Environment, Embodiment and Equality (E4)
- Interpreting epigenetic signatures in studies of early life adversity (INTERSTELA)
- Promotion of Breastfeeding Intervention Trial (PROBIT IV)
- Speedwell study
The school's world class research was recognised in the REF 2014 Research Excellence Framework. The Times Higher ranked public health, health services and primary care No. 1 for impact, No. 4 overall.
Specialist Research Institute
New programme for 2019.