WP1 : Community engagement and conceptual development
Aim: To develop a common conceptual framework, to review the existing evidence and to develop methods for community engagement.
Tasks and methods:
- Establish a Community Advisory Committee (CAC) encompassing local Bangladeshi people and other stakeholders.
- Establish a Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) including various experts in migration/social anthropology, social gerontology and multiculturalism, racism, ethnicity and public policy.
- Use frequent start-up meetings (face-to-face and conference calls) to exploit the synergy of the different disciplines and maintain cohesion.
- Recruit and train community researchers in methods (described in WP2 - WP4) not previously applied in combination to nutrition and ageing research.
- Complete a thorough review of the literature in each project discipline, particularly with regards to community engagement.
- Apply careful consideration to access, ethical and confidentiality issues.
- Develop a prototype of integrated, multidisciplinary methods and outputs for researchers, practitioners, policy makers and community members to examine and promote healthy ageing and nutrition in communities at risk.