Vision and aims
Bringing benefit to society through neuroscience research
Understanding the brain is one of the major intellectual challenges of the 21st century. This challenge is the focus of Bristol Neuroscience.
Our vision is to conduct research that will bring wide-ranging and far-reaching benefits to the individual and across society.
- maintains an international reputation for research excellence
- bridges disciplinary and institutional boundaries
- is informed by the latest advances in clinical and fundamental science
- exploits cutting-edge methods, facilities and techniques
- brings long-term benefit to health, education, technology and society as a whole
- trains the next generation of world-class neuroscientists
- works to fully engage wider society with our work