Fun Palace events as part of Bristol Green Capital Partnership’s Healthy City Week programme
Various venues in Bristol
From the 7th - 14th October 2017 Bristol will host a number of community-led Fun Palace events, exploring the health of people and city through science and art. The events will be part of Bristol Green Capital Partnership’s Healthy City Week programme – exploring wellbeing that doesn’t cost the earth - and the global Fun Palaces campaign - where everyone is an artist, everyone a scientist.
Join your neighbours over the 7th and 8th weekend at the Healthy City Week Fun Palace Hubs: Lawrence Hill’s Wellspring Healthy Living Centre and Avonmouth Community Centre to explore five key health themes: air pollution; food and healthy eating; mental health and wellbeing; smoking; and active travel.
- Ride the Fun Palaces trains along the Severn Beach railway line to explore roving exhibitions on mental health, food swaps, lantern making and more!
- Customise a YoBike with health-inspired designs in a graffiti workshop at Wellspring Healthy Living Centre!
- Learn about air quality with interactive games from Bristol’s iGEM team and find out more about citizen sensing!
- Swap home-made food and your favourite recipes whilst learning about nutrition!
- Join urban walks and immersive dances to explore your city from Lawrence Hill station!
- Learn new skills in creative craft workshops at Avonmouth to nurture your wellbeing!
- The University of Bristol will also be hosting a magic-themed Fun Palace where you can craft your own wand and write spells in the Wills Memorial Building!
And so much more!
Bristol’s Fun Palaces are supported by the University of Bristol’s Elizabeth Blackwell Institute for Health Research working together with Bristol Green Capital Partnership, and are led by local people and partners as we collectively explore our personal and environmental health through the art, science, skills and stories in our communities.
Come and be part of a Fun Palace on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th October, and on into Healthy City Week until 14th October 2017 - or sign up to make your own here!
Contact Fun Palaces Ambassador Ellie Shipman for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org