Public engagement of neuroscience
- Opportunities for researchers
- Fundraising for events
- Training and guidance
- Developing activities and resources
- Increasing awareness of research
- Facilitating informed debate
- Widening participation
A core part of BN is its commitment to public engagement.
We fulfil this commitment in many different ways, both fulfilling the responsibility of neuroscientists to society and opening up neuroscience to members of the public, and welcoming people from all walks of life to benefit from Bristol’s large and wide-ranging neuroscience community.
This is achieved by a range of activities all geared towards enabling two-way dialogue between members of Bristol Neuroscience and wider society.
The major event we support is the biennial Bristol Neuroscience Festival, which incorporates:
- Events and hands-on science activities
- Talks, dialogue and debate
- School workshops
- Art collaborations