Chemistry grants round-up
9 August 2007
A round-up of major grants in the School of Chemistry.
- a grant of £1,002,293 from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to Professor Varinder Aggarwal for a project entitled ‘General and convergent strategy for asymmetric synthesis’;
- a grant of £414,135 from the EPSRC to Dr Jonathan Reid as Principal Investigator with Dr Andrew Hudson and Dr McGloin of the University of Dundee and collaborators from East Anglia, Toronto and Aerodyne Research Inc, for a project entitled ‘Characterization of the properties and dynamics of single microparticles’;
- a grant of £555,530 from the EPSRC to Professor Tom Simpson, Dr Matt Crump, Professor Kevin Booker-Milburn and Dr Craig Butts for a 500MHz NMR spectrometer to underpin chemical research at Bristol;
- a grant of £444,349.63 from the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) to Professor Richard Evershed as Principal Investigator with co-investigators Dr Hornibrook and Professor Whiteley from NERC for a project entitled ‘The fate of methanotrophically fixed carbon in terrestrial environments’;
- a grant of £598,387 from the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to Dr Simon O’Doherty for a project entitled ‘Measurement of greenhouse/ozone gases at Mace Head, Ireland’.