Vacancies for lay members of Council
6 August 2009
The University is inviting applications from individuals wishing to become lay members of Council, the University’s governing body.
The University is inviting applications from individuals wishing to become lay members of Council, the University’s governing body. Council’s external members bring valuable skills, knowledge and experience to the complex task of running a university.
There are currently vacancies for up to five lay members of Council who would begin their term of office from 1 January 2010. The University is particularly keen to receive applications from candidates with expertise in the following fields:
- research and development funding
- healthcare trust knowledge or experience
- estates and infrastructure (in particular, the construction industry and/or estate programme management)
- information technology (in particular, successful business systems implementation)
- general experience of governance and/or higher education.
The deadline for applications is 27 August 2009.
More information and application forms are available on the University’s governance opportunities website.