New awards celebrate achievements of Professional Services staff
9 December 2014
The University’s first Professional Services Excellence Awards were announced at a ceremony in the Anson Rooms last week.
Over one hundred guests attended the event, which was hosted by the University Registrar, Robin Geller. The following six winners were announced from a shortlist drawn from 172 nominated members of staff:
- Outstanding Leadership: Jackie Head, Head of Student Counselling
- Outstanding Team: Teaching Technical Team, School of Veterinary Sciences
- Outstanding Contribution to the Community/Environment: Wills Memorial Building Porters
- Outstanding Project or Initiative of the Year: Lara Melhuish and Nic Woodhall, Industrial Liaison Administrators, Faculty of Engineering
- Outstanding Service to Colleagues: Julie Lane, Finance Services Account Manager, Faculty of Science
- Unsung Hero/Heroine: Ann Legg, Deputy Branch Supervisor for Short Loan Collection, Arts and Social Sciences Library
Details of the awards and the winners are available on the Professional Services website; a gallery of photos from the evening will also be available there from this Thursday (11 December).