News in 2018
- Johannes Stern begins ERC grant and joins department on permanent basis 3 October 2018 Johannes Stern takes up his European Research Council starting grant at the University of Bristol. In the wake of this grant, Johannes has joined the department on a permanent basis.
- Havi Carel wins the Health Humanities Medal Inspiration Award 13 September 2018 Congratulations to Havi Carel who has won the Health Humanities "Inspiration Award" Medal from the AHRC and Wellcome Trust
- Welcome to our new staff 12 September 2018 Welcome to our new permanent staff, Martin Sticker and Tuomas Tahko, and our new teaching fellows, Max Jones and Robert Chapman.
- Samir Okasha elected to British Academy 20 July 2018
- Tuomas Tahko joining the department 20 June 2018
- Philosophical Gourmet Report ranks Bristol one of the top Philosophy departments in the UK 10 April 2018 The 2017/18 Philosophical Gourmet Report has ranked Bristol as one of the top Philosophy departments in the UK, and one of the best places for Philosophy of Science, Maths and Logic.
- Bristol Outstanding Award for PhD student Tina Williams 6 April 2018 Tina Williams has received a Bristol Outstanding Award for her global citizenship.
- Keeling elected president of the BPPA 9 March 2018 PhD student Geoff Keeling has been elected President of the British Postgraduate Philosophy Association
- Bristol Philosophy advertises for a Reader/Professor 20 February 2018 The University of Bristol Department of Philosophy is seeking to appoint a Reader or Professor in Philosophy.