Recruitment and Selection
To ensure fairness of opportunity, it is important to consider the potential effects of unconscious bias on the recruitment process. The articles below give an introduction to unconscious bias.
- Find out if a job advert is gender-biased with the gender decoder tool
- Can a few well-chosen words improve inclusivity?
- Evidence that gendered wording in job advertisements exists
- Reducing bias in faculty searches
- Let's face it: Gender bias in academia is for real
- What is Unconscious Bias?
Understanding Unconscious Bias by The Royal Society
The Prejudice You Don't Know You Have by Havi Carel and Richard Pettigrew