The NSQI has two small cleanrooms that compliment the University cleanroom next door. Designed to be class 1000 (ISO 6), they typically perform nearer to class 100 levels.
The cleanroom comes with:
- Temperature and humidity control, separate gowning rooms and pass-through hatches
- HF acid-compatible fume cupboard and vented chemical storage
- CDA, N2 and argon supplies and Millipore deionised water
- Basic lab equipment such as hotplate, waterbath and drying oven
- The basement cleanroom is suited to handling photosensitve materials and has full yellow lighting and fridge for chemical storage