CES lecturers receive teaching prizes 11 September 2017 This year's undergraduate teaching prizes have been awarded to lectures from the Correlated Electron Systems group.
- BCFN student Victoria Taylor wins People's Choice award at Research Without Borders 2018 21 May 2018
- EDF and University of Bristol sign international framework agreement for nuclear Research, Education and Innovation 11 May 2018 A delegation from the University of Bristol travelled to the EDF Group research laboratories in Saclay near Paris to sign an international framework agreement.
- Kate Oliver makes it to the final of the IoP’s 3 Minute Wonder competition 8 May 2018 BCFN 4th year student, Kate Oliver, has made it through to the finals of the Institute of Physics’ 3 Minute Wonder
- BCFN student Victoria Taylor reaches the final of the Three Minute Thesis competition 8 May 2018 BCFN 3rd years student, Victoria Taylor, has made it through to the final stage of the Three Minute Thesis competition, to be held during the finale of the Research Without Borders event on the 9th May.
- Kate Oliver and the Agony Auncles of Science 8 May 2018 BCFN 4th year student, Kate Oliver, was the MC at the first Bristol edition of Agony Auncles of Science; a show which provides comedic scientific answers to audience submitted problems.
- Student exchange between South West Nuclear Hub and Materials Ageing Institute 27 April 2018 Two students on the MSc Nuclear Science and Engineering programme undertook a week-long exchange at the Material Ageing Institute (MAI), EDF Lab Les Renardières, Paris in early 2018.
- How Materials Science Kept the Paralympics on Track 25 April 2018 The Royal Society of Chemistry have produced a short film featuring BCFN student Maddy Nichols
- BCFN in UK Summer Festivals Outreach 13 April 2018 This year the BCFN will be joining the exciting UK summer festival circuit.
- BCFN students on their experience with Ottobock at the Winter Paralympics 29 March 2018 Our BCFN PhD students Rafael Moreno Tortolero and Madeleine Nichols have just returned from an exciting couple of weeks in the Ottobock repairs workshop at the South Korea Winter Paralympic Games.
- BCFN students on the BBC 26 March 2018 Students Maddy Nichols and Rafael Moreno Tortolero who have just returned from working alongside world-leading prosthetic limb manufacturers Ottobock at the PyeongChang Winter Paralympics have been featured on the BBC.