CES Journal club
Welcome to the CES Journal Club
Journal club is typically held on Fridays at 3pm in Room 3.34.
Regular attendance is strongly encouraged for all PhD students in the CES group.
The main purpose of our journal club is to discuss recent papers of interest. This way we want to
- increase awareness of important research taking place around the world
- bring together the CES group in an informal, discussion-based setting and
- allow students and post-docs to practice their presentation skills.
- Chose a paper from the Pool you wish to present.
- Discuss your choice and the content of the paper with your supervisor.
- Prepare slides for roughly 30 mins.
- Look at the key references and show important data from other papers.
- Summarise the key points from the paper (technique, system).
- What are the main conclusions of the paper? Are these justified?
Don't be afraid of a lively discussion and interruptions during your talk.
New suggestions and Questions