Building connections and capacity for policy engagement by supporting researchers.
PolicyBristol aims to enhance the influence and impact of policy-relevant research from across the University.
If you work with us, we can provide:
- Advice: bespoke advice on engaging with and influencing policy and practice including impact workshops, information on policy developments, access to contacts, and written policy guidance. Find out more on our Intranet.
- Policy Research Briefings and Reports: support to translate your research findings into clear and accessible briefings which highlight the key findings and policy messages. We will work with you to disseminate these to the relevant target audiences. We can also support you to develop the format and audience for events to disseminate the policy-relevant findings of your work.
- Horizon Scanning: local, national and international policy scans. We maintain an up-to-date resource that outlines the progress of Bills, consultations and inquiries taking place in Westminster and the devolved administrations. All of this information is available on our Intranet.
- Connections and Fellowships: support to build networks and collaborations between researchers within the University and individuals, organisations and groups in the policy-making world.
- Training: an annual programme of training geared towards building policy engagement-related skills. Examples include how to engage with parliament, how to write for a policy audience, and an introduction to influencing policy. All of our training can be tailored to your needs, and can be run at Faculty or School level.
- Funding: PolicyBristol Support Scheme funding can be requested to support academics from all disciplines to engage in activities that enhance the impact of policy-relevant research. The aim is to foster innovative engagements, knowledge exchange and impact, where other funding is not available. Social science: The Impact Travel Awards consist of sums up to £500 and are available to cover visits to stakeholders to explore impact opportunities and contextualise research findings. This is managed by PolicyBristol as part of the ESRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) and is available to researchers across the University working on social sciences.
- Communications: stay up to date with our newsletter and PolicyScan.
Keep up to date
PolicyBristol information is available via our monthly Newsletter, PolicyScan, and our blog which publishes articles by Bristol researchers. Sign up to our mailing list using your bristol.ac.uk email address to receive all this information.