HEB Postgraduate students
We are keen to hear from individuals with good honours or Masters degrees in relevant disciplines who wish to pursue a PhD in a topic related to health economics. Further details of potential funding sources and application details are provided on the School Postgraduate web pages.
Further details of potential funding sources and application details are provided on the Postgraduate Research webpage.
Examples of PhDs in Health Economics completed in Bristol Medical School since 2009 include:
- Mairead Murphy: "Development of a Patient-Reported Outcome Measure for Primary Care" 2017
- John Busby:"Preventing unnecessary unplanned hospital admissions and achieving timely discharge: an analysis of geographic variation" 2016
- Charlotte Chamberlain: "Access to non-curative anti-cancer therapies on the NHS: The role of the Cancer Drugs Fund" 2015
- Patricia Guyot: "Expected survival time as a summary statistic in economic analysis and evidence synthesis" 2014
- Neil Davies: "Identification of causal treatment effects in observational studies" 2013
- Fran Carroll: "Decision making associated with antenatal screening for Down's syndrome" 2012
- Sandra Hollinghurst: "Using economics to inform patient-level decision making in Primary Health Care practice" 2010
- Hareth al Janabi "Measurement and valuation of the caring experience for economic evaluation" 2009
Our research areas and interests
Please check the research areas and interests of our staff members and then get in touch.