Staff Survey 2018
Key information about the Staff Survey
- The 2018 Staff Survey is open from 20 February to 26 March 2018.
- Our voice matters. We want the survey results to be representative of all University staff. Please help achieve this by taking part in the survey. The more people who complete the survey, the greater the voice.
- The survey question set has been expanded and revised based on feedback from colleagues to gain a better understanding of what it is like to work at the University.
- Based on pilot testing of the survey, we anticipate the survey will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- The survey is web based - you will have received a personal link via email from email@example.com on 20 February when the survey launched.
- Staff who do not have access to a computer can complete a paper questionnaire or call the Freephone number 0800 587 3115 to complete the survey.
- Capita Surveys and Research are administering our survey, ensuring anonymity and confidentiality of results.
- If you need to contact Capita (e.g. if you haven't received your email link to the survey), you can do so on 0800 587 3115 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff Survey 2018 - Key Things to Know
How will the survey results be used?
The University is committed to ensuring that staff feel informed and listened to.
A University-level action plan will be put together to address the results of the survey. The results will also be used to set the agenda for the Staff Experience Group activities, which aim to improve working life for staff at the University of Bristol.
Top achievements since the 2015 Staff Survey
Here are some of the ways that feedback from the 2015 Staff Survey has shaped and informed changes at the University:
- Survey Theme: Better understand the experience of technical staff and take appropriate action to respond to feedback
- Role of Senior Technical Lead created – Fred Hale – to lead on this agenda and ensure a strategic overview and consistency of technical services to UoB (i.e. Leadership, People and Resources).
- More focus on technical staff and leaders development including, the Technical Staff and Services Strategy, the Career Framework for Technical Staff, the Technician Commitment.
- The University is officially recognised by the Science Council as ‘working towards’ being an Employer Champion.
- Survey Theme: The University demonstrates that it values the diversity of its work force
- Amongst other initiatives, a significant number of Athena SWAN activities (and bids) arose directly from and were focussed by analysing the Staff Survey feedback.
- Survey Theme: Governance and Decision Making
- A full review was undertaken in 2017 by KPMG and their findings have resulted in changes to our governance process, procedures and decision making. Further improvements are planned throughout 2018.
You can also visit our internal web pages to find the top achievements for Divisions, Faculties and Schools arising from the 2015 survey.
- 20 February 2018 - Survey opens
- 26 March 2018 - Survey closes
- By end of June 2018 - University level results available
- July 2018 - Local level results available
- July-August 2018 - Action planning begins
Download some key information about the 2018 Staff Survey
Your voice matters - see the top achievements around the University that have arisen from the last Staff Survey in 2015.
View the headline results and the full reports from the 2015 Staff Survey
Find out about the 2012 Staff Survey, including headline results, reports and action plans
If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback please contact Claire Kinsley, Staff Engagement Manager
Tel: 0117 39 40733