The QTEC programme is a full-time one-year cohort-based pathway with taught courses that cover entrepreneurship, business and innovation with aspects of systems and design engineering.
QTEC is directly networked into the UK National Quantum Technologies Programme and part of a large global research and innovation community, working alongside researchers at the front edge of quantum technologies from across the world.
Fellowships are suitable and open to those who have a technical background and wish to explore the world of entrepreneurship with a view to starting their own quantum based business or work in industry. You may already have an idea of a quantum or quantum-inspired technology you wish to commercialise.
The QTEC programme includes:
- A 6-month world-class in-house intensive, practitioner led entrepreneurial teaching programme that incorporates:
- Six units of world class MBA level training and tutoring at the Bettany Centre for Entrepreneurship - Cranfield University
- Three units of Systems Engineering and Design training with University of Bristol.
- 6-months to develop your own innovations into businesses leading to pitching to investors.
- Incubator space within Unit DX - a flexible, high-spec laboratory space within central Bristol’s cluster of scientific excellence, enterprise, and collaboration.
- Mentoring and coaching from in-house experts and visiting Entrepreneurs in Residence.
- Direct links to SetSquared and EngineShed, the globally number one ranked University business incubator in the heart of the “silicon gorge” in the south west.
- Extensive networking and investment pitching opportunities throughout the year.
- A £28,000 salary while you develop your business, the largest salary available for start-up and incubator courses of this type.
- A £12,000 budget to be split between travel budget and funds to build a concept demonstrator development and build the business.
For more information please contact us by sending an E-mail, in the first instance, to the centre manager: firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.