Working with business
The University is committed to combining its excellence in research and innovation with a vibrant enterprise culture. The University is working with Government, industry and other partner organisations to encourage the growth of knowledge based businesses in the South West.
Working with the University has never been easier, from accessing a network of entrepreneurs, academics, investors and industry leaders through our Bristol Enterprise Network (BEN), through to working on high-level strategic alliances led by our dedicated project management teams; the University has a number of areas of expertise to help develop your business:
- Research collaboration – working with a university department to pursue a research objective that is of mutual benefit and is jointly managed under a collaborative agreement.
- Placements and schemes – schemes exist for both undergraduates and postgraduates to be placed within companies to carry out projects, for periods ranging from a couple of months to 3 years.
- Licensing opportunities – the University is keen to promote technology transfer by licensing IP to third parties.
- Get involved with our high-tech businesses – we support a large number of technology businesses, originating from the University, the wider Bristol region and in our incubation centre. We are always looking for additional support from investors, mentors, entrepreneurs and professional service providers.
- Consultancy – alongside world-class research activities, a number of Bristol academic departments and research groups also provide access to high-tech services, facilities and know-how
- Strategic relationship management – offering one point of contact for a number of University areas of expertise including project management, procurement, contract negotiation and strategic vision
- Technology transfer – we negotiate direct licences to companies, support collaborative development programmes and assist in the creation of spin out companies
- New business acceleration (incubation) – we support early-stage, high-growth technology based businesses with high growth potential and help accelerate them by adding value at every stage.