Working at the University
Bristol is different
Professional support, career development, involvement and information - this is what we aim to give all our researchers. It's one reason why Bristol has been singled out as the UK's best employer of researchers.
The University has an active and progressive programme of initiatives to support researchers at all levels and is committed to continuing this in the long term.
Take a look at the research staff site to see how we can help.
The range of research undertaken at Bristol means there are often new job opportunities.
Our postgraduate prospectus includes taught programmes and postgraduate research opportunities.
- 2012 - retained the HR Excellence in Research award after passing a self-assessment process
- 2010 - the University gained a coveted European Commission HR Excellence in Research award in recognition of its commitment to ensuring good working conditions and career development for its researchers
- 2009 - our commitment to developing a positive working environment won the Times Higher Leadership and Management Award 2009 and the Global Human Resources Development Award
- 2006 - shortlisted for the Times Higher Awards
- 2006 - highly commended in the UPA HR Excellence Awards in Higher Education for work supporting the careers of researchers
- 2005 - a survey of 3,500 researchers worldwide by The Scientist rated Bristol the fifth-best research institution to work at outside of the US - and the best in the UK