Summary of Travel Insurance Cover
Insured: University of Bristol and Others
Insurer: ACE Europe
|Outside the UK:||University business trips (and holiday taken in association with the business trip).|
|Within the UK:||Air travel (and associated costs if involving an overnight stay).|
(N.B. This is a brief summary of the insurance. For full details you should read the full policy wording - which can be accessed via the web-link listed at the bottom of this page. This insurance is not intended to cover private holidays.)
Any person as individually declared.
Personal Accident Benefits:-
NB £2,500,000 maximum payment any one scheduled aircraft, £1,000,000 any other non-scheduled flight, £5,000,000 any other accident)
Emergency Medical and Travel Expenses
Emergency repatriation due to illness (incurred outside UK)
Unlimited for Medical Expenses
£100 Excess for Secondments
Unlimited for repatriation
|d)||i) Personal Belongings (Limit any one Item = £2000)||
£50 Excess for Students
|ii) Personal Belongings Delay (over 4 hours)||
up to £750
ii) Credit card misuse
iii) Emergency passport replacement
£5,000 (cash limit £2,000)
£50 Excess for Students
ii) Curtailment, alteration to itinerary or rearrangement expenses as a direct result of any cause outside your control
£50 for over 24 hours delay and £50 for each subsequent 24 hours delayed
up to a maximum of 10 days (£500)
£500 per day (max 50 days)
|j)||Personal Liability for injury or damage to property||
|k)||Search and Rescue Expenses||
- Emergency Medical and Travel Expenses excludes travelling against medical advice or for the purposes of seeking medical treatment.
- Loss of money or theft of personal property must be reported to the police within 48 hours of discovery.
- The following events/ activities are excluded:- engaging in aviation other than as a fare paying passenger, suicide or attempted suicide, war risks, gradually operating causes.
- Restricted cover for persons aged 75 or over. Please contact the Insurance Office for advice.
- Excludes theft from motor vehicles unless property locked in boot/ under luggage cover in a hatchback or estate car.
Excesses apply to specific sections of the policy - see above for details
Special condition - slightly revised terms apply to employees on secondment to overseas employers please contact the Insurance Office for details.
For full details of the cover please see the policy wording.
Please note it is your responsibility to check if the cover provided is suitable for your needs.
Note: some of the documents on this page are in PDF format. In order to view a PDF you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader
Please see our how to claim web-page and complete the relevant claim form.
If you have any queries please telephone the Insurance Office on 0117 331 7030.