Browse/search for people
Dr Harriet Batista Ferrer
Dr Harriet Batista Ferrer
Senior Research Associate in Mixed Methods
BSc(Manch), MPH(Lond), PhD(Bristol)
Area of research
Inequalities in the uptake of the HPV vaccination programme
Harriet is a Research Associate in Mixed Methods and is currently working on the Travel to Work multi-centre randomised controlled trial funded by NIHR-PHR. Harriet has recently completed her PhD entitled 'Factors Influencing the Uptake of the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccination Programme'. Harriet has previously worked as in the field of diabetes prevention as a Research Assistant at the University of Leicester.
- Health inequalities
- HPV vaccine
- Sexual health
- Adolescent health
- Cervical cancer
- Patel, N, Ferrer, HB, Tyrer, F, Wray, P, Farooqi, A, Davies, M & Khunti, K, 2016, Barriers and Facilitators to Healthy Lifestyle Changes in Minority Ethnic Populations in the UK: a Narrative Review. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities.
- Khunti, K, Chatterjee, S, Carey, M, Daly, H, Batista-Ferrer, H & Davies, MJ, 2016, New drug treatments versus structured education programmes for type 2 diabetes: comparing cost-effectiveness. Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology, vol 4., pp. 557-559
- Audrey, S & Batista-Ferrer, H, 2015, Healthy urban environments for children and young people: A systematic review of intervention studies. Health & Place, vol 36., pp. 97-117
- Ferrer, HB, Audrey, S, Trotter, C & Hickman, M, 2015, An appraisal of theoretical approaches to examining behaviours in relation to Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination of young women. Preventive Medicine, vol 81., pp. 122?131
- Ferrer, HB, Trotter, C, Hickman, M & Audrey, S, 2015, Barriers and facilitators to uptake of the school-based HPV vaccination programme in an ethnically diverse group of young women. Journal of Public Health.
- Crichton, J, Hickman, M, Campbell, R, Ferrer, HB & Macleod, J, 2015, Socioeconomic factors and other sources of variation in the prevalence of genital chlamydia infections: A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Public Health, vol 15.
- Ferrer, HB, Trotter, CL, Hickman, M & Audrey, S, 2014, Barriers and facilitators to HPV vaccination of young women in high-income countries: a qualitative systematic review and evidence synthesis. British Medical Council Public Health, vol 14., pp. 700
- Fisher, H, Trotter, CL, Audrey, S, MacDonald-Wallis, K & Hickman, M, 2013, Inequalities in the uptake of Human Papillomavirus Vaccination: a systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Epidemiology, vol 42., pp. 896-908
- Khunti, K, Fisher, H, Iqbal, M, Paul, S, Davies, MJ & Siriwardena, AN, 2013, Severe hypoglycaemia requiring emergency medical assistance by ambulance services in the East Midlands: A retrospective study. Primary Care Diabetes.
- Fisher, H, Audrey, S, Mytton, JA, Hickman, M & Trotter, C, 2013, Examining inequalities in the uptake of the school-based HPV vaccination programme in England: a retrospective cohort study. Journal of Public Health, vol 36., pp. 36-45
Edit this profile If you are Dr Harriet Batista Ferrer, you can edit this page. Login required.