Browse/search for people
Dr Nicola Wiles
Dr Nicola Wiles
Reader in Epidemiology
Area of research
Epidemiology of common mental disorders - depression and anxiety
Treatment of common mental disorders in primary care, with a particular interest in treatment resistant depression
Early life factors and adult mental health
- Tallon, D, Wiles, NJ, Campbell, J, Chew-Graham, C, Dickens, C, Macleod, U, Peters, T, Lewis, G, Ian, A, Gilbody, S, Hollingworth, W, Davies, S & Kessler, DS, 2016, Mirtazapine added to selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors for treatment resistant depression in primary care (MIR trial): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. Trials, vol 17.
- Malpass, A, Dowrick, C, Gilbody, S, Robinson, J, Wiles, N, Duffy, L & Lewis, G, 2016, Usefulness of PHQ-9 in primary care to determine meaningful symptoms of low mood: a qualitative study. The British journal of general practice : the journal of the Royal College of General Practitioners, vol 66., pp. e78-84
- Button, KS, Kounali, D-Z, Thomas, LB, Wiles, NJ, Peters, T, Welton, NJ, Ades, AE & Lewis, G, 2015, Minimal clinically important difference on the Beck Depression Inventory - II according to the patient's perspective. Psychological Medicine, vol 45., pp. 3269-3279
- Button, KS, Turner, N, Campbell, J, Kessler, D, Kuyken, W, Lewis, G, Peters, TJ, Thomas, L & Wiles, N, 2015, Moderators of response to cognitive behavioural therapy as an adjunct to pharmacotherapy for treatment-resistant depression in primary care. Journal of Affective Disorders, vol 174., pp. 272-280
- Wiles, NJ, Thomas, LJ, Turner, NL, Garfield, KM, Kounali, D-Z, Campbell, J, Kessler, DS, Kuyken, W, Lewis, G, Morrison, J, Williams, C, Peters, T & Hollinghurst, SP, 2015, Long-term effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of cognitive behavioural therapy as an adjunct to pharmacotherapy for treatment-resistant depression in primary care: follow-up of the CoBalT trial. The Lancet Psychiatry, vol 3., pp. 137-144
- Burrage, A, Green, S, Turner, K, Kuyken, W, Williams, C, Wiles, N & Lewis, G, 2015, Conditional Beliefs of Primary-Care Patients with Treatment-Resistant Depression. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy.
- Wiles, NJ, Fischer, K, Cowen, P, Nutt, D, Peters, TJ, Lewis, G & White, IR, 2014, Allowing for non-adherence to treatment in a randomized controlled trial of two antidepressants (citalopram versus reboxetine): An example from the GENPOD trial. Psychological Medicine, vol 44., pp. 2855-2866
- Wiles, N, Thomas, L, Abel, A, Barnes, M, Carroll, F, Ridgway, N, Sherlock, S, Turner, N, Button, K, Odondi, L, Metcalfe, C, Owen-Smith, A, Campbell, J, Garland, A, Hollinghurst, S, Jerrom, B, Kessler, D, Kuyken, W, Morrison, J, Turner, K, Williams, C, Peters, T & Lewis, G, 2014, Clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of cognitive behavioural therapy as an adjunct to pharmacotherapy for treatment-resistant depression in primary care: the CoBalT randomised controlled trial. Health technology assessment (Winchester, England), vol 18., pp. 1-168
- Jenkinson, CE, Winder, RE, Sugg, HVR, Roberts, MJ, Ridgway, N, Kuyken, W, Wiles, N, Kessler, D & Campbell, J, 2014, Why do GPs exclude patients from participating in research? An exploration of adherence to and divergence from trial criteria. Family Practice, vol 31., pp. 364-370
- Green, A, Crawford, A, Button, KS, Wiles, N, Peters, TJ, Nutt, D & Lewis, G, 2014, Are multiple physical symptoms a poor prognostic factor or just a marker of depression severity? Secondary analysis of the GenPod trial. Journal of Affective Disorders, vol 163., pp. 40-46
Edit this profile If you are Dr Nicola Wiles, you can edit this page. Login required.