Browse/search for people
Dr Raquel Granell
Dr Raquel Granell
BSc(Valencia), MSc(Bristol), PhD (Bristol)
Area of research
The epidemiology of asthma and allergy in children
I am a Research Statistician working with the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents & Children (ALSPAC). My primary research interest is childhood asthma, a topic I have been studying since I finished my PhD six years ago. My first work, published in Thorax 2008, consisted in developing a latent class model to identifying distinct wheezing phenotypes; later in JACI 2011 a replication was attempted in an independent cohort. Since then I have been particularly involved in a number of word wile cross-cohort studies looking at the genetics of asthma and how these interact with the environment.
- latent class analysis
- gene-environment interactions
- instrumental variable analysis
- Shrine, NRG, Tobin, M, Schurmann, C, Artigas, MS, Hui, J, Lehtimäki, T, Pennell, CE, Ang, QW, Strachan, DP, Homuth, G, Gläser, S, Felix, SB, Evans, D, Henderson, AJW, Granell, R, Palmer, LJ, Hayward, C, , Malarstig, A, Musk, B, James, AL, & Wain, LV, 2016, Genome-wide association study of copy number variation with lung function identifies a novel signal of association near BANP for Forced Vital Capacity. BMC Genetics, vol 17.
- Granell, R, Henderson, AJ & Sterne, JA, 2016, Associations of wheezing phenotypes with late asthma outcomes in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children: A population-based birth cohort. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Duijts, L, Granell, R, Sterne, JAC & Henderson, AJ, 2016, Childhood wheezing phenotypes influence asthma, lung function and exhaled nitric oxide fraction in adolescence. The European respiratory journal : official journal of the European Society for Clinical Respiratory Physiology, vol 47., pp. 510-9
- Sarnowski, C, Sugier, P-E, Granell, R, Jarvis, D, Dizier, M-H, Ege, M, Imboden, M, Laprise, C, Khusnutdinova, EK, Freidin, MB, Cookson, WO, Moffatt, M, Lathrop, M, Siroux, V, Ogorodova, LM, Karunas, AS, James, A, Probst-Hensch, NM, von Mutius, E, Pin, I, Kogevinas, M, Henderson, AJ, Demenais, F & Bouzigon, E, 2016, Identification of a new locus at 16q12 associated with time-to-asthma onset. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Vardavas, C, Hohmann, C, Patelarou, E, Martinez, D, Henderson, J, Granell, R, Sunyer, J, Torrent, M, Fantini, M, Gori, D, Annesi-Maesano, I, Slama, R, Duijts, L, Jongste, Jd, Aurrekoetxea, J, Basterrechea, M, Morales, E, Ballester, F, Murcia, M, Thijs, C, Mommers, M, Kuehni, C, Gaillard, E, Tischer, C, Heinrich, J, Pizzi, C, Zugna, D, Gehring, U, Wijga, A, Chatzi, L, Vassilaki, M, Bergström, A, Eller, E, Lau, S, Nieuwenhuijsen, M & Kogevinas, M, 2016, The independent role of prenatal and postnatal exposure to active and passive smoking on the development of early wheeze in children. European Respiratory Journal.
- Granell, R, Sterne, J & Henderson, J, 2016, Associations of wheezing phenotypes with late asthma outcomes in ALSPAC: a population-based birth cohort. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Collin, SM, Granell, R, Westgarth, C, Murray, J, Paul, E, Sterne, JAC & Henderson, AJ, 2015, Pet ownership is associated with increased risk of non-atopic asthma and reduced risk of atopy in childhood: Findings from a UK birth cohort. Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol 45., pp. 200-210
- Collin, SM, Granell, R, Westgarth, C, Murray, J, Paul, ES, Sterne, JAC & Henderson, AJ, 2015, Associations of pet ownership with wheezing and lung function in childhood: Findings from a UK birth cohort. PLoS ONE, vol 10.
- Galobardes, B, Granell, R, Sterne, J, Hughes, R, Mejia-Lancheros, C, Smith, GD & Henderson, J, 2015, Childhood wheezing, asthma, allergy, atopy, and lung function: different socioeconomic patterns for different phenotypes. American Journal of Epidemiology, vol 182., pp. 763-74
- Voort, AMMSd, Howe, LD, Granell, R, Duijts, L, Sterne, JAC, Tilling, K & Henderson, AJ, 2015, Influence of childhood growth on asthma and lung function in adolescence. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
Edit this profile If you are Dr Raquel Granell, you can edit this page. Login required.