Browse/search for people
Dr Raquel Granell
Dr Raquel Granell
BSc(Valencia), MSc(Bristol), PhD (Bristol)
Area of research
The epidemiology of asthma and allergy in children
I am a Research Statistician working with the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents & Children (ALSPAC). My primary research interest is childhood asthma, a topic I have been studying since I finished my PhD six years ago. My first work, published in Thorax 2008, consisted in developing a latent class model to identifying distinct wheezing phenotypes; later in JACI 2011 a replication was attempted in an independent cohort. Since then I have been particularly involved in a number of word wile cross-cohort studies looking at the genetics of asthma and how these interact with the environment.
- latent class analysis
- gene-environment interactions
- instrumental variable analysis
- Shrine, NRG, Tobin, M, Schurmann, C, Artigas, MS, Hui, J, Lehtimäki, T, Pennell, CE, Ang, QW, Strachan, DP, Homuth, G, Gläser, S, Felix, SB, Evans, D, Henderson, AJW, Granell, R, Palmer, LJ, Hayward, C, , Malarstig, A, Musk, B, James, AL, & Wain, LV, 2016, Genome-wide association study of copy number variation with lung function identifies a novel signal of association near BANP for Forced Vital Capacity. BMC Genetics, vol 17.
- Granell, R, Henderson, AJ & Sterne, JA, 2016, Associations of wheezing phenotypes with late asthma outcomes in the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children: A population-based birth cohort. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Sarnowski, C, Sugier, P-E, Granell, R, Jarvis, D, Dizier, M-H, Ege, M, Imboden, M, Laprise, C, Khusnutdinova, EK, Freidin, MB, Cookson, WO, Moffatt, M, Lathrop, M, Siroux, V, Ogorodova, LM, Karunas, AS, James, A, Probst-Hensch, NM, von Mutius, E, Pin, I, Kogevinas, M, Henderson, AJ, Demenais, F & Bouzigon, E, 2016, Identification of a new locus at 16q12 associated with time-to-asthma onset. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Duijts, L, Granell, R, Sterne, JAC & Henderson, AJ, 2016, Childhood wheezing phenotypes influence asthma, lung function and exhaled nitric oxide fraction in adolescence. The European respiratory journal : official journal of the European Society for Clinical Respiratory Physiology, vol 47., pp. 510-9
- Vardavas, C, Hohmann, C, Patelarou, E, Martinez, D, Henderson, J, Granell, R, Sunyer, J, Torrent, M, Fantini, M, Gori, D, Annesi-Maesano, I, Slama, R, Duijts, L, Jongste, Jd, Aurrekoetxea, J, Basterrechea, M, Morales, E, Ballester, F, Murcia, M, Thijs, C, Mommers, M, Kuehni, C, Gaillard, E, Tischer, C, Heinrich, J, Pizzi, C, Zugna, D, Gehring, U, Wijga, A, Chatzi, L, Vassilaki, M, Bergström, A, Eller, E, Lau, S, Nieuwenhuijsen, M & Kogevinas, M, 2016, The independent role of prenatal and postnatal exposure to active and passive smoking on the development of early wheeze in children. European Respiratory Journal.
- Granell, R, Sterne, J & Henderson, J, 2016, Associations of wheezing phenotypes with late asthma outcomes in ALSPAC: a population-based birth cohort. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Voort, AMMSd, Howe, LD, Granell, R, Duijts, L, Sterne, JAC, Tilling, K & Henderson, AJ, 2015, Influence of childhood growth on asthma and lung function in adolescence. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Collin, SM, Granell, R, Westgarth, C, Murray, J, Paul, E, Sterne, JAC & Henderson, AJ, 2015, Pet ownership is associated with increased risk of non-atopic asthma and reduced risk of atopy in childhood: Findings from a UK birth cohort. Clinical and Experimental Allergy, vol 45., pp. 200-210
- Collin, SM, Granell, R, Westgarth, C, Murray, J, Paul, ES, Sterne, JAC & Henderson, AJ, 2015, Associations of pet ownership with wheezing and lung function in childhood: Findings from a UK birth cohort. PLoS ONE, vol 10.
- Galobardes, B, Granell, R, Sterne, J, Hughes, R, Mejia-Lancheros, C, Smith, GD & Henderson, J, 2015, Childhood wheezing, asthma, allergy, atopy, and lung function: different socioeconomic patterns for different phenotypes. American Journal of Epidemiology, vol 182., pp. 763-74
Edit this profile If you are Dr Raquel Granell, you can edit this page. Login required.