Browse/search for people
Professor Yoav Ben-Shlomo
Professor Yoav Ben-Shlomo
Professor of Clinical Epidemiology
MB,BS, MSc(Lond), PhD, MRCP
Area of research
Life course epidemiology with interests in ageing, chronic and neurodegerative disease
I have a research interest in neurodegenerative disorders including ageing (as part of the Halcyon collaboration), life course infuences on chronic diseases, neuroepidemiology, chronic kidney disease and equity of access to health care.
Activities / Findings
- The Caerphilly study of cognitive decline and dementia
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics course, University of Bristol
- Lecture on epidemiology of PD to various postgraduate audiences
- health services research
- Parkinson's disease
- multiple system atrophy (MSA)
- progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP)
- cognitive impairment
- Multiple Sclerosis
Processes and functions
- cognitive function
- Case control
- cross-sectional and cohort studies
- randomised control trials (RCTs)
- Creavin, ST, Cullum, SJ, Haworth, J, Wye, L, Bayer, A, Fish, M, Purdy, S & Ben-Shlomo, Y, 2016, Erratum to: Towards improving diagnosis of memory loss in general practice: TIMeLi diagnostic test accuracy study protocol. BMC Family Practice, vol 17., pp. 119
- Lawton, MA, Hu, MT, Baig, F, Ruffmann, C, Barron, E, Swallow, DM, Malek, N, Grosset, KA, Bajaj, NP, Barker, RA, Williams, N, Burn, DJ, Foltynie, T, Morris, HR, Wood, NW, May, MT, Grosset, DG & Ben-Shlomo, Y, 2016, Equating Scores of the University of Pennsylvania Smell Identification Test and Sniffin’ Sticks test in Patients with Parkinson’s Disease. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders.
- Lerchel, S, Heinzell, S, Alves, G, Barone, P, Behnke, S, Ben-Shlomo, Y, Berendse, HW, Burn, DJ, Dodel, R, Grosset, D, Hu, M, Kasten, M, Krüger, R, Liepelt-Scarfone, I, Maetzler, W, Moccia, M, Mollenhauer, B, Oertel, W, Walter, U, Wirdefeldt, K & Berg, D, 2016, Aiming for Study Comparability in Parkinson's Disease: Proposal for a Modular Set of Biomarker Assessments to be Used in Longitudinal Studies. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol 8.
- Howe, L, Smith, A, Macdonald-Wallis, C, Anderson, E, Galobardes, B, Lawlor, D, Ben-Shlomo, Y, Hardy, R, Cooper, R, Tilling, K & Fraser, A, 2016, Relationship between mediation anlaysis and the structured life course approach. International Journal of Epidemiology, vol 45., pp. 1280-1294
- Heinzel, S, Roeben, B, Ben-Shlomo, Y, Lerche, S, Alves, G, Barone, P, Behnke, S, Berendse, HW, Bloem, BR, Burn, D, Dodel, R, Grosset, DG, Hu, M, Kasten, M, Krüger, R, Moccia, M, Mollenhauer, B, Oertel, W, Suenkel, U, Walter, U, Wirdefeldt, K, Liepelt-Scarfone, I, Maetzler, W & Berg, D, 2016, Prodromal Markers in Parkinson's Disease: Limitations in Longitudinal Studies and Lessons Learned. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol 8.
- Charoen, P, Nitsch, D, Engmann, JEL, Shah, T, White, J, Zabaneh, D, Jefferis, BJ, Wannamethee, SG, Whincup, PH, Cassidy, AM, Gaunt, T, Day, I, McLachlan, S, Price, JF, Kumari, M, Kivimäki, M, Brunner, EJ, Langenberg, C, Ben-Shlomo, Y, Hingorani, AD, Whittaker, J, Casas, J-P & Dudbridge, F, 2016, Mendelian Randomisation study of the influence of eGFR on coronary heart disease. Scientific Reports, vol 6.
- Creavin, ST, Cullum, SJ, Haworth, J, Wye, L, Bayer, A, Fish, M, Purdy, S & Ben-Shlomo, Y, 2016, Towards improving diagnosis of memory loss in general practice: TIMeLi diagnostic test accuracy study protocol. BMC Family Practice, vol 17.
- Bailey, P, Tomson, C & Ben-Shlomo, Y, 2016, What factors explain the association between socioeconomic deprivation and reduced likelihood of live-donor kidney transplantation?: A questionnaire based pilot case-control study. BMJ Open, vol 6.
- McLachlan, S, Morris, RW, Ben-Shlomo, Y, Gaunt, TR, Drenos, F & , 2016, Replication and Characterization of Association between ABO SNPs and Red Blood Cell Traits by Meta-analysis in Europeans. PLoS ONE, vol 11.
- Rao, A, Brück, K, Methven, S, Evans, R, Stel, VS, Jager, KJ, Hooft, L, Ben-Shlomo, Y & Caskey, F, 2016, Quality of Reporting and Study Design of CKD Cohort Studies Assessing Mortality in the Elderly Before and After STROBE: A Systematic Review. PLoS ONE, vol 11.
Networks & contacts
- Niall Quinn and Andrew Lees (Institute of Neurology)
David Burn (Newcastle)
Gilbert Bensimon (France)
Nigel Leigh (Kings College
- Tony Bayer (Cardiff)
Tom Warner (RFHMS)
Brian Hurwitz (Kings College
Edit this profile If you are Professor Yoav Ben-Shlomo, you can edit this page. Login required.