Current gender-related PhD research:
Recent publications by PhD students
See the best writing from our students
Where you can find some of our former PhD students
- Dr Audrey Reeves is Lecturer in International Relations and Security at Cardiff University
- Dr Elisa Wynne-Hughes is Lecturer in International Relations at the University of Cardiff.
- Dr Penny Griffin is Senior Lecturer in International Relations at the University of New South Wales in Australia.
- Dr Ana Jordan is Senior Lecturer in Politics at the University of Lincoln.
- Prof Johanna Kantola is Professor of Gender Studies at the University of Tampere in Finland.
- Dr Rosa Malley was previously Special Projects Officer at Hacked Off and currently works for the law firm Mishcon de Reya.
- Dr Christina Rowley is head of International Strategy at the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC).
- Dr Laura Shepherd is Associate Professor of International Relations at the University of New South Wales in Australia
- Dr Carole Sparey is Assistant Professor at the University of Nottingham.
Potential PhD supervision areas include:
- Feminist theories
- Gender and development
- Gender and in/security
- Gender and IR theories
- Gender and marriage migration
- Gender and peacekeeping/post-conflict reconstruction
- Gender and world politics
- Inequality; poverty
- Masculinities and femininities
- Parenting; fatherhood
- Political participation, parties and parliaments
- Social policy
- Women's movements
- Work; employment