The joy of sport is in the taking part. It’s never too late to try a new sport and there are opportunities to do just this at the University of Bristol.
You could learn a new sport, improve your skills, and make new friends whilst partaking in some healthy, fun activity. Both current players and absolute beginners are catered for.
- Just sport – our qualified coaches lead these programmes enabling you to learn the skills, tactics and techniques of a sport. No experience necessary!
- Swimming lessons – learn to swim and improvers courses for adults and children are available at the University pool
- Tennis programmes – tennis lessons, coach and play sessions and club play are all available at the Coombe Dingle Tennis Complex
- Staff sports – recreational sessions and staff sports clubs offer regular playing opportunities for members of staff at the University
- Student sports clubs - over 50 student-led clubs offering sporting activity at the University, through the Students' Union.
- Casual bookings – available in all of the University’s sports facilities for a wide range of different sports and activities. These are either free or at preferential rates for Sport and Activity Pass holders.