Clinic Update January 2021
In light of the Government announcement from Tuesday 5th January 2021 the University Sports Medicine Clinic and Sports Facilities are closed.
We are currently unable to offer face-to-face in-person treatment. However, support is still available in the form of virtual appointments.
Current patients will be offered virtual follow-up appointments (please see our webpage for pricing), whilst new enquiries will initially be offered a free open clinic session via phone or video call to assess a suitable approach and subsequent virtual appointments offered where appropriate.
For more information please visit the Latest Updates page
Sports Medicine Clinic
Welcome to the University of Bristol Sports Medicine Clinic
*our clinic is currently closed please see our clinic update section for more information
Virtual Open clinics
- A free ten to fifteen minute virtual consultation which gives you the opportunity to talk with one of our clincians.
- These are particularly useful if you are experiencing discomfort and are unsure if you need a full in person appointment. They can help you understand your problem, how treatment may help and how to return to sport and physial activity.
- Primarily your virtual appointment will take place using Microsoft Teams.
- To book an open clinic appointments email us email@example.com
Trustworthy expert care
The clincian's at the Sports Medicine Clinic offer expert and comprehensive sports medicine services to all whether you are a student, a member of staff at the University or the wider public community. Our clinicians stay at the forefront of treatment and research and adhere to its high professional standards.
- Physiotherapy - available
- Osteopathy - available
- Sports massage - not currently available
- Acupuncture - not currently available
How do I book and pay for my appointment
- Book via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you are booked for treatment, we will send you a detailed email with instructions prior to your appointment.
- Payments to be made by logging into your online account Online Member account
What to expect at my appointment?
- Please review our patient journey SMC - Patient Journey (PDF, 197kB)
- Your clinician will be wearing full PPE throughout your appointment
- Please wear a face covering while on University campus
- Free parking is available at Coombe Dingle Sports Complex - park in front of outdoor tennis courts 1-4
Please contact us 24 hours in advance to cancel or re-arrange an appointment. Cancellations within 24hours will incur a £20 cancellation fee. Failure to attend your appointment without contacting us will incur a charge for the full appointment fee.
Pricing (from Sept 2020)
First appointment 45-min f2f
+15minute phone screening
Discounts on treatments for
Sports Medicine Clinic patient form
Wish to use your Health Insurance, please complete the online request form. Our services are approved with Aviva, AXA PPP, BUPA, Cigna, or WPA. Insurance prices in accordance with the clinic's insurance company agreements.