Centre for Sport, Exercise and Health (Indoor Sports Centre)
For more information and a key, please refer to the University's precinct map. The sports centre is number 42.
In addition to the maps listed below, University buildings and residences are shown on our Google map.
How to get here
FirstGroup operate the majority of local buses in Bristol. Use their bus search facility or the Bristol route map to plan your journey. Services to the University include:
- The 8 and 9 services from Bristol Temple Meads run every 10 minutes in peak time and stop on the University precinct. The number 8 stops by The Berkeley pub on Queen's Road opposite the Wills Memorial Building before heading towards the Students' Union, while the number 9 continues from The Berkeley pub up towards Tyndall Avenue opposite the Hawthorns. The journey should take about 20-30 minutes
- The 1, 40, 40A, 41, 54, 54A, 624, N7, U5 and X14 services all stop in the Park Street / Triangle / Whiteladies Road area a couple of minutes walk from the University
- The University bus service connects the Stoke Bishop halls of residences to the precinct.
- The Hospital and University Bus Shuttle (HUBS) can be used by University staff and visitors of the University and United Bristol Healthcare Trust (UBHT). It is a free service.
Bristol has two mainline railway stations. Visitors should travel to Bristol Temple Meads as it is about two miles from the University and is much closer than Bristol Parkway.
To get to the University from Bristol Temple Meads:
- The 8 and 9 bus services run every 10 minutes in peak time and stop on the University precinct. The journey should take about 20 minutes
- Taxis are available from the exit to the station. The journey should take about 15 minutes
- Walking from Bristol Temple Meads to the University takes 30-40 minutes and will involve an uphill climb
The nearest suburban railway station to the University is Clifton Down, but services only run about once an hour.
Find out more about rail services via National Rail Enquiries.
The M4 and M5 motorways put both London and Birmingham within a two-hour drive, while the M32 allows direct access from the M4 to the heart of the city.
Directions to the University precinct from the M32 (also available as a Google Map)
- Exit the M4 at junction 19 marked for the M32
- Follow the M32 southwest into Bristol
- Continue onto the A4032
- Continue straight onto Bond Street / A4044
- At St. James Barton roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Marlborough Street / B4051
- Continue to follow B4051
- Turn right at Woodland Road
- At the top of the hill is a crossroads. Turn right into Tyndall Avenue
- Senate House (the University's central administration building) is the tall building on the corner
There are multistorey car parks about ten minutes' walk from the main precinct as shown on our precinct map or you can consult Bristol City Council's car park finder.
Coombe Dingle Sports Complex (Outdoor Sports Centre)
For more information, see Multimap (Coombe Dingle)
Coombe Dingle Sports Complex is situated in the heart of Stoke Bishop and may be reached by car, public transport or on foot. It has close proximity to the M4/M5 motorway and the City Centre.
For general enquiries and bookings telephone: (0117) 962 6718 or Fax (0117) 962 6724