Staff Club Location and Facilities
The Staff Club is a located within The Hawthorns, Woodland Road - building 44 on the precinct map. The Club has its own rooms and facilities and also utilises dual-purpose space provided by The Hawthorns.
The Staff Club will be open Monday to Friday from 8.00 am until 8.00 pm.
Approved activity groups may use the rooms later by arrangement with the Staff Club office.
Privileges for members
- The Meeting Room may be used by members for personal use and to hold activity club related meetings, free of charge.
- The Games Room and The Lounge may also be booked, free of charge, by registered groups and clubs that are part of the Staff Club.
- Tea and coffee are available at low cost, and there are daily newspapers and magazines.
- Terrestrial TV (according to considerations detailed on the TV facility page).
There are 2 doors with code locks on them. You need to know the code to gain access.
You can find out the combination by using the door code page.
Staff Club rooms
The Games Room
- Snooker table
- Pool table
- Table-tennis table
- Music system
- Coffee machine
- Comfortable seating
- Newspapers and Magazines
- Meeting Room
- Boardroom table
- Microwave and Kettles
- Skittle Alley
- Small bar
There is also a TV and a couple of PC workstations located within the club.
The following rooms have been designated as dual-purpose rooms. These rooms can be used during the working day (for example, to sit and read the paper) and are available for Staff Club members to use in the evening when not booked for a commercial activity. This space will not be bookable during term time, between 8am - 6pm (Monday to Friday).
- The Refectory
- Dining Room (also known as James White)
The main bar in the Hawthorns is open until 8.00 pm and with prior arrangement its opening hours can be extended.